I'd Surely Lose Myself (part 2)

Heyyyy.... I know I said Saturday but like guilt for ditching the story took over so...here we go

Again, Title is from Future Days, Last of Us pt 2 version
Enjoy

----
I'm guessing you'll know where to find me...

It was a sudden trip.

Within an hour, Amy had booked flights, accomodation for her, ensured that she was covered for work and had packed both her own and Parkers luggage, ready for a flight first thing the following morning.

It's for the sake of the kids

She kept telling herself this. Adam, as much of a dumbass as he occasionally was, was still a loving father, so maybe it was best that they spent some extra time with him. Plus she missed ...certain people in St Louis. Her bestest friend, her previous excentric boss and...others.

She was feeling lonely in Cali.

She needed the company.

Thats what the trip was about.

----

Flight 427 took off at 8am.

It was a slow flight, seemingly endless, as Amy sat, both anxiety and anticipation filling every ounce of her being.

Both Emma and Parker were sound asleep, the frantic trip to the airport that morning draining the little energy in their bodies.

Hours passed, the silence almost deafening.

Amy sat, staring out the window of the plane, her mind being clouded by a single individual. His dorky smile, his confusingly perfect hair, his generosity, his optimistic spirit, his adventurous yet logical nature-

His enormous heart, full of wonder and love, so kind and gentle, but with a strong, powerful passion behind it.

Sure, he was flawed.

Yet somehow:

He was perfect.

----

Unlike the plane trip, the taxi to Adam's was a lot faster.

Bags unpacked, the kids settled, Amy said goodbye to her children and Adam, leaving the house only minutes after arriving.

The trip to her hotel was quick as well, which Amy was grateful for, unwilling to hold herself together, for any longer, whether for the sake of her children, her ex-husband or the quiet taxi driver, who she knew was begging for no awkward incident. So, the moment the taxi pulled into the parking spot, she shoved a handful of cash into the front seat, yanking her baggage behind her and practically leaping from the ride.

Overall, the hotel was quiet, the receptionist being a quiet young girl, no older than 20, who instantly booked Amy in.

Amy swung open the doors to her place, throwing her bags aside and collapsing onto the bed. She didn't intend to fall asleep, but the white noise from the air conditioning was oddly calming, and the fans continuous spinning motion was mesmerising.

----

Her eyes flickered open as the afternoon light peeked through the hotel curtains. Traffic echoed slightly in the distance.
Reluctantly, she dragged her arms to her sides, pushing up her tired body to sit up straight, staring through the crack between curtains. It wasn't a particularly cloudy day, the sky mostly painted a light blue.

Amy stood up, adjusting her clothes and hair to a more presentable appearance, before grabbing her purse and keys.

It was time to face the music.