DRABBLE: Patience

I had an idea for a fic and kinda just rolled with it. It's very short compared to my previous chapters but it was cool to write. Not my best work but anyway... Enjoyyy
------

"Does the 'cup' in menstral cup refer to the shape, or the volume?"

Jonah held back laughter, instead squeezing Amy's hand in his.

"Ummm Its t-the shape" Amy croaked out, clearly still in a state of both shock and overall joy. Jonah understood this same feeling, his body feeling lighter than air. He hadn't walked in planning to kiss her, but in the moment, her eyes full of desperation and regret...Jonah knew that she meant every last word of it.

Amy quickly dealt with the customer, explaining the stores small selection.

The lady soon waddled off, the moment she's out of view, Amy turning on her heel and grabbing Jonah's shirt in a first, before tugging him so that his lips met hers.

He returned this same energy, running his fingers through her hair, holding the back of her head up. Amy's hands sat delicately on his waist.

"I see you two horn dogs have made up..." They break apart turning to see Dina, hands on her hips, amused. Jonah chuckles, tilting his head down to hide his blush. "Please... Just save it till we leave, we've seen more than enough."

Amy glares slightly at Dina.

"Anyway, we're wrapping up soon, then we're gonna drink in the parking lot. You guys in?"

"Yeah, we'll be back in a sec." Dina nodded back, turning back toward electronics.

They decided to follow suit, holding each other close by the waist.

"I do want to marry you."

Jonah stopped in his tracks, turning to Amy. He shouldn't be, but he was surprised by this sudden revelation of hers. She, however kept her head hanging low.

"I meant what I said before. I know what I want now... And if you're not ready, I totally understand. I just wanted to let you know" she lifts her head to look him in the eyes.

He slowly removes his arm from her, panicking Amy briefly, before he pulls his wallet from his pocket.

Amys eyebrows raise, perplexed.

"Ummm what are you doing?" Amy chuckles nervously.

He opens it up, only to pull out a silver ring, lined thinly with crystal prisms.

Amy gasps slightly.

"This arrived the day after you left for Cali. I didn't have the guts to send it back"

Amy says nothing, instead glancing between  the ring in his hands, and his glossy eyes.

"Amy... I do want to marry you. But its going to take some time before I commit... Whether it's a week or a month- I-i don't know,  I just..." Jonah hesitates, contemplating his words "I was broken. My life fell apart. I lived with Marcus, for Christ's sake. In my brain, I do know that I love you and I want to marry you.  Thats a fact. But my heart needs some time."

He stares down at the ring, it's intricate details. It wasn't the nicest or flashiest ring, having a ridiculously low salary, but it still was pretty.

He extends the ring out to Amy, who was taken aback.

"A promise, between the two of us"

Amy's eyes beginning to well with tears, taking the ring and slipping it on her finger. She interlaced hands with Jonah, continuing on their way to the large employee gathering.

Her head leaned into his shoulder, in the crook of his neck.

A promise.
------

Have a Heavenly Day ☁️