Kidnapped

Jasmine had been pushed along the crowd and only got bruised each time she tried to fight the flow. She decided to just wait and see where she ended up until she felt a sharp prick in her arm. She looked down just in time to see a needle be pulled away, its tip still shining with whatever had been inside of it. It was like everything started to move in slow motion. Her eyes rose to meet the last person she wanted to see. Jeremy Wright had a deranged smile on his face as he pulled her to his side. She wanted to scream and shout for help but she couldn't even move her head properly. Everything felt heavy, her mouth dry and her eyes drooping. The more she fought falling asleep the heavier things felt like she was in the middle of a lake with a rock tied to each limb as she fought to stay above the surface.

As he started to steer her away from the crowd she felt her body abruptly stop. "Is she alright? Should we call a doctor to take a look at her?"

She didn't recognize the voice but she did a silent plea for them to keep talking. Alaric would come to find her, she just needed to hold on until then.

"She is just in shock, I should get her home, and then if she needs a doctor I will call one." Jeremy's voice was over pleasant as he spoke to the stranger. If she didn't know she was being kidnapped she might have even believed him.

"Oh, well okay, be sure to get your wife home then. We live in a crazy time." Jasmine wanted to curse, beg and plead but still, her body would not follow her commands.

"I sure will! You get home safely yourself." She could hear the smile in his voice as he continued to half carry half drag her limp body further away.

"Don't make any sudden movements or sounds if you can. Just listen to my voice and I will make sure that Alaric gets to you." Jasmine recognized the voice this time, it was Morgianna. "You are going to faint that is not something that can be changed, but I will follow you to wherever he takes you and then tell Alaric where he needs to lead the guards. I cannot touch this man until it is his time to die, so you will need to hold on until he gets there. Stay strong."

Jasmine did feel slightly reassured but that was only slightly. She was still being drug away by a crazed man who had nothing left to lose and he got one of the people that caused him to lose everything.

She awoke with a jolt not even sure when she had fully lost consciousness. The room she was in was furnished nicely, not even a spec of dust to be seen. It seemed like a sitting room of some kind, the settee that she woke up in firm but still comfortable. This was beyond her expectations, she expected to wake up in a cold dark cell with spiders and rats, not cute dollies and painted teacups.

Looking around to take stock of her surroundings she couldn't help but feel deja vu. The whole getting knocked out and waking up in a room was something she did not plan to make a habit of. She wanted to try to door first but out of fear of alerting someone of her waking up she decided to try to windows first. The first and second windows were locked. Their keys nowhere to be found, but the third and last window, while locked had not fully latched.

She wanted to cry in joy but it was too early to celebrate. There were no blankets to tie together so she started to pull the curtains down. Glancing down she estimated the height at somewhere close to 20 feet, a height that could break a leg or her neck depending on how she landed. Having tied four curtains together she wasted no time in tying off the end and throwing it out the window. She glanced back at the still-closed door and hoisted a leg over the edge. Slowly she started her descent but less than a minute into it she heard voices growing closer.

Her instincts told her they were coming for her. Letting go of the curtain she let her body drop quickly before she gripped it again. The burn of it running through her hands almost brought tears to her eyes but still, she did it two more times before the door to the room she just left opened.

Shouting ensued almost immediately. She risked a glance down and saw that she was a little over halfway before looking up at the window. She wasn't even surprised to see a head looking down at her. She watched the head retreat and the curtain under her fingers start to be pulled back up.

She glanced back down and made a decision. Dropping down twice in quick succession she was almost at the end of the line when she just let go. Falling the last couple feet she landed hard almost knocking the breath out of her. She could hear more shouting above but she did not even spare them a glance. Instead, she turned and ran.

Hiking her skirts up she was a little remorseful as she tore the material. She was sure Alaric would be understanding that she had to destroy his gift.

She didn't even have to turn around to know they wouldn't be far behind her. So she doubled her efforts and pushed her body to its limits. All the while praying that Alaric would soon be there.