To Save or Be Saved part 2

Jasmine watched as Alaric fought against the 5 men bare-handed, while each of them had a weapon of some sort. She felt the sting of the blade on her neck but she was more worried about the man in front of her. "He won't last long. You thought he would save you but soon he will be in need of saving." She wanted to ignore the rancid excuse of a person that was behind her but his words touched a nerve.

Alaric was bruised and battered. It was like they were playing with him, choosing to punch him and kick his knees instead of cutting him. Not that he would prefer being stabbed. For every hit he landed on them he would receive two in return, he just did not have enough arms and legs to block them all.

He could hear hooves pounding in the distance and knew that help was on the way.  He glanced towards Jasmine from the corner of his eyes, never taking his full attention away from the danger right in front of him. Her face was one of pure terror as she looked at him, no, as she looked behind him. At first, he didn't even feel the blade only looking down to see it protruding from his torso. It was like everything was moving in slow motion, he felt it pulled from his body as the world started to tilt. Jasmine was fighting against Jeremy's hold, screaming, or at least he thought she was, he couldn't hear anything. He looked away from Jasmine instead locking on a pair of mismatched eyes followed by a frown.

Morgianna had her scythe held high but it was not aimed at him as he would have thought. No, it was aiming at Jeremy and Jasmine. Her mouth was moving and after some difficulty, he saw that she was counting down.

3
2
1

It was like a bomb exploded outwards from Jasmine sending Jeremy's body flying. All the men around Alaric fell to their knees as a storm started to brew in the sky. Their eyes were wide in terror as they looked at the blonde woman who stood in front of them. Alaric tried to catch her attention, his mouth trying to form words as the wind picked up around him. "Jasmine.."

She shouldn't have been able to hear it over the fierce winds, but she did. He called her name and it centered her. She had never felt such power in her life, believing she was only capable of a light breeze, enough to cool someone off on a hot day, not create storms. To be honest it thrilled and scared her.

Locking her eyes on Alaric she walked in his direction and with each step, the storm died a little more.  When she finally reached his side she grasped his hand as if her life depended on it. "You can save him." Morgiannas voice came from right behind her but she did not even turn.

"How, I have no healing magic. What can I do!?" There was so much blood and Alaric was growing paler by the second. His eyes still held warmth though as he looked up at her.

He used what strength he could muster. "It's okay, I-im sure I'll be f-fine." His words were garbled as blood seeped from his lips. He tried to give her a reassuring smile but it came out as more of a grimace. "I wanted to t-tell you I l-love y-you...." With those words he passed out, his breathing growing more shallow by the second.

Jasmine was in tears. "Shhh it's going to be okay, you can't leave me now."

"Put your hands on the wound." Jasmine could only follow Morgianna's instructions. She had not steered her wrong yet and she did not think she would start now. "Reach deep into yourself and tell your magic to heal him. Don't ask, demand. Do it now!"

As if she had been shocked into action Jasmine followed suit. At first, there was nothing but slowly she felt something welling up inside of her. It was different than the destructive force she had released earlier. This one was warm and comforting and it made her feel refreshed as it flowed out through her and into Alaric. Even as she saw color returning to his cheeks she did not move. Something inside of her told her it was not time to remove her hands.

With a gasp, Alaric bolted upright, in the process pushing Jasmine's hands from his chest. He was sure that he was going to die. He was willing to see his life end as long as she was safe but here he was, alive and it was because of the wonderful woman in front of him. "You saved me.." He was in shock. While it wasn't impossible, it was unlikely that a vampire would have healing abilities, yet she had been that 1 in a million. Luck had been on their side at that moment. He looked around and could see that his guards had gathered up the men that attacked them. Four we're struggling against the handcuffs that bound them but a little ways away were two bodies, at least that's what he assumed they were.

"Two dead, but they won't be missed." Morgianna spoke from a little ways away, her scythe no longer visible.

Even if he wanted to ask questions she poofed away before he could.  He looked back at Jasmine who was staring at him like he hung the moon. "I love you too." Her voice was small but he heard it. With pink cheeks she looked away, choosing to watch the men be carried away.

He couldn't believe his ears. "Say it again." He pulled her chin until she looked him in the eyes. "Please."

Jasmine's eyes shook with so many emotions. "I thought you were going to leave me and I wouldn't even get to tell you that I love you. I love you Alaric. I don't know when it happened and I don't care, all I know is that I am unapologetically head over heels for you."

He couldn't waste another second. He bent his head slowly giving her time to push him away if she wished, but instead she tilted her head upwards. Their lips met only briefly before a throat clearing behind them startled them apart. They looked at the uncomfortable guards and back at each other before bursting into laughter. Pressing his forehead to hers Alaric felt like he could do anything. "There will be more time later. For now, let's return to the castle. You saved my life so I need to think of a reward." He gave her a wink before getting to his feet.

Jasmine looked upwards as he offered her his hand. After a brief pause, she took it. "We saved each other."

"I guess we did." His smile at that moment was so bright that it even outdid the sun. She didn't know what would happen from then on, but surely it wouldn't be as difficult as today.