Chapter 3: S.A.D

Ichiji's POV

Ichiji opened the door to the building, with a bit too much force, and stomped over to the elevator. He called the elevator back down from whichever floor it was at last and waited. His patience was wearing thin, from being forced to attend this party to dealing with Law. Thinking about what made him mad didn't help either. He knew he was in the wrong in this situation, but admitting it to him was not on his schedule. He just hated the way Law talked to him; like he was inferior. The elevator dinged and the door opened. Ichiji walked in and pressed the button for the right floor. He sighed. I didn't mean to offend him or anything. My friends don't say anything when I say faggot. It was offensive, but so what? He didn't care.

Ichiji walked out to see the doorman. He gave him a smile as he approached him, to which Ichiji gave a small grin in return. He opened the door for him and briskly walked back to his table, keeping his eyes glued to the floor. Once he reached his seat, he immediately went back to eating, wordless. It wasn't unusual behavior, but Sanji somehow found this suspicious. He kept his eyes on his plate until he noticed the blonde looking at him, wearing a confused look. Ichiji scowled back and took a bite of his pasta. Stop looking at me, freak.

"Hey, did you see Law out there? He went out for a smoke." Corazon said, trying to make small conversation. Ichiji turned to him out of politeness and answered in the calmest voice possible.

"Yeah, I passed by him in the hallway. He told me he was stepping out." Shit, that sounded forced. He put a smile on his face to cover his annoyance. Corazon smiled at him and looked back at his plate. He still felt someone staring at him. Sanji was now looking at him, puzzled, trying to figure out what's wrong with him. Ichiji looks him in the eye and shakes his head. Please stop staring at me, I'm fine. Sanji goes back to eating his food, but soon looks up to someone behind him. He didn't need to turn to see who it was.

"Hey, Law! Is it cold out there?" Cora asked, smiling. Law smiled back at his uncle.

"Only a little." He seemed a bit more laid back and glanced at Ichiji as he sat down. Ichiji doesn't know how to react, and opts to just keep his eyes on his food. Sanji sees his behavior and starts to put pieces together. He looked at something under the table and soon his phone vibrated. He took his phone out and saw a text from Sanji. Damn it, nosy ass.

Text

Sanji
Whats going on with u??? u look like someone shat in ur food.

Fuck off, im fine.

Sanji
U look like ur avoiding Law... do u have a crush LMAO

Dont fucking laugh out loud at that. It wasnt funny. Hes gettin on my nerves anyways.

Sanji
Havent u guys only talked to each other like twice?? Ur the one obsessed with him. If anything, he should be upset with u.

Well i did call him a fag but who cares??

Sanji
What... isnt he actually gay? Thats a little fucked up.

Wait is he actually...

Sanji
Yea...

Ichiji put his phone back in his pocket. He was extremely annoyed at this point. Damn, I guess I fucked up. He went back to eating, using more force than needed. Law turned to him, a bit confused, and began eating with a sudden appetite. He turned to Corazon and began talking to him, a small smile plastered on his face. Ichiji subconsciously began to form a smile at Law, but soon turned back to his food. Once he realized he was smiling he scowled, confusing a few of his siblings. Great, now they're all looking at me. Why the fuck was I smiling anyways, let alone at Law? He looked at Sanji to see him squinting at him, and he proceeded to laugh at him.