chapter 17: Evolution

Disclaimer: maybe some mistakes so if you're confused dm me <33

"Where is he at again?" Ichiji asked, as Cora removed the phone from the side of his head.

He sighed, "I think it was..." Corazon looked out the window as he turned the corner, "let me write it down and show you." Cora grabbed a piece of paper that was to the side of him, and wrote it down.

Cora wrote with one hand, and using his leg, while he used the other hand to drive. Ichiji was confused as to why he was doing this. Wouldn't it be easier to just say it? I don't get old people.

"Here," Cora hides the slip of paper to Ichiji.

"Wouldn't it just be easier to say it?"

"I don't know why, I just felt it was better to write it down, so you don't forget."

I don't forget, but ok. Ichiji laid back in his passenger seat. "How long till we get there?" He asked.

"A couple hours, I was surprised he was there. It's kind of far... from where he was found.

"Oh.. welp. I might as well take a nap." Ichiji used his hands as a pillow and laid the seat back. I wish he was closer though...

"Wait, don't sleep yet. I don't like being the only one awake on these roads." Corazon looked around as he was saying that. Even though they were on a singular road with just woods around them. The sky was clear and barley any noise at all. just the noise of the car moving on the road.

"Why? It's just a regular road. Nothing is here to be honest." The road was stranded, no cars, no animals. Just trees to see, the road seemed like it went on forever, the end wasn't visible.

"What if I... see a ghost." Corazon glanced at Ichiji as soon as he said 'ghost'

Ichiji rolled his eyes, "so your old and scared, wow."

"Hey! I'm not old." Corazon poured.

"Well... you don't act it. But you sure look it, you have a beard, smoke, and tall. You're like a grandpa..."

Corazon glanced at Ichiji again, this time with anger in his face. "I'm not even that old; I'm only 35."

"Old enough to be a grandparent to be honest," Ichiji snickered at his own remarks.

"I will kick you outta this car," Corazon seriously stated.

"Woah, damn. My bad," Ichiji sat up, "fine I'll stay up, geez." Ichiji brought his seat back up, "old people have no chill," He muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing." Ichiji but his tongue to hold back the laugh.

"Whatever," Corazon gripped the steering wheel. Damn kids, always annoying.

After 2 hours passed by, they were still on that singular road with woods around them. It didn't seem to be disappearing, but the GPS said this was the fastest way there. They have only a couple hours left to go.

Ichiji seemed on the edge of sleeping, his eyes were barely open, "how... how long till we get there." He said, rubbing his eyes.

"We got a couple hours left, Like 2-3. Depending." Corazon replied, yawning.

"It feels like we've been on the same road forever, what."

"Well, the GPS did say this was the fastest way. The other ways are even longer. Plus traffic." Cora explained, seeing a distant figure in the road, but didn't pay attention to it.

The figure was far away, so thet didn't get close to it anytime soon, but as they did Ichiji saw it too. "Is that a person?" He said bringing his head closer to the window, "our here? And on this road. Damn."