Chapter 7: Turn the phone off

Disclaimer - Law's pov

ALSO WE GOT FANART !!! Check it in the box above <3

Law's eyes opened to a white ceiling, the sunlight highlighting the dust particles floating around the room. Phew, I actually slept. He looked around the room, about to sit up, when he felt a small weight holding him down. Panicking, he looked down and stopped.

Ichiji had draped his arm over his torso, drooling next to his armpit. Ha. Cute. Law kept his arm above him and used his free one to move the other's. Before he could grab it, Ichiji began to stir. Still panicking, Law put his arm back in it's previous position and closed his eyes.

He couldn't see when Ichiji opened his eyes, but he could tell when he heard a small gasp. Law held back a smile.

"Ah, shit," He whispered, moving his arm off of Law. "Didn't know I moved that much."

Once Law felt weight rise off the cot, he opened an eye. He saw Ichiji facing away from him, stretching his arms up, giving a groan. I might fall back asleep if I stay like this. Law decided this was the best time to get up.

"Good morning," Law said, watching Ichiji slightly jump. Law held a questioning look on his face. "Well I hope it's morning. Did I scare you?" Ichiji shook his head and looked out the window. How is he making it awkward when he didn't even know I was up? Law sat up, also looking out.

"Well, the sun's right there, must've just risen. It's morning, like 9." Ichiji hummed, questioning.

"What... how'd you know?"

"Astronomy," Law walked over to his bag and grabbed his phone. "You think you could turn on your phone for a second?"

Ichiji felt his pockets then looked at the cot for his phone. After picking it up, he stopped.

"Nevermind, Judge might be tracking you." Law said. Ichiji turned on the phone anyway. "Ichi-"

"He's on a call everyday at this time. And he wouldn't make someone else track me, so I think I'm fine for a bit." He explained.

"Can I call someone? I'm sure they'll pick up." Law asked. Ichiji waited until his phone turned on and unlocked it, opening the phone app and handing it to him.

Law dialed a number and put the phone on speaker. It rang only one time until the other line picked up.

"Hello?" The man answered.

"Cora san?" The other line went silent.

"...Trafalgar. Where have you been?" Law slightly winced at his tone.

"I'm in a bit of a... predicament." He said, looking at Ichiji. "I have Ichiji with me, too." A sigh could be heard through the phone.

"At least tell me your location first. How am I supposed to hide this from your father?" He said, already sounding stressed.

"You know there's an abandoned park a few miles south of the hotel he put us in? We ran there."

"I'm guessing this is his phone? I should save it just in case." Law could hear the shuffling of things on the other line.

"Wait, are you coming right now?"

"Am I coming right now... yes I'm coming right now! You're both kids that ran away and are staying in some run down amusement park with no food, am I correct?" Spot on, actually.

"I don't even have my bag." Ichiji added. Law nodded.

"Ichiji also needs some clothes. Bring some of mine." The silence on the other line was deafening.