Chapter 12: Just a dream . . .

⚠︎︎Warning: Language⚠︎︎

Denis had finally gotten rid of the dried up blood and adjusted his gaze to Elijah who was looking outside the window showing no emotion. Denis sighed and thought to himself, 'I'm such a dumb*ss.' He took a deep breath and made his way to the living room, slowly. 'You can do this Debs- I mean Denis,"

'The tension, so thick'

He took a seat right next to Elijah and started, "Elij-," "There's no point in talking about it, we should just forget about it," Elijah interrupted. He didn't seem angry or sad just blank, he proceeded to get up and head to his room without saying a word. He turned around once and said, "I will always hate you for this, using me in your little stupid game's,"

"Pathetic"

. . . . . 

No words could explain how Denis felt at that moment, he had one chance and he blew it. All of this trouble to come to this conclusion, all of this effort at the end came out

useless . . . useless . . . useless

☔︎︎   ☔︎︎   ☔︎︎

Denis's eyes shot wide open, he was completely drenched in sweat. His throat sore and itchy yearning for water, his breathing unstable that is until . . .

"Denis, Denis,"
"Are you okay?"

There sat Elijah, with a glass of water in one hand and the other clenching Denis's hand reassuring him that everything is fine.

'Just a bad dream, a nightmare'

Denis now was sitting up drinking the cup of water Elijah had brought up. He was given a new shirt to wear before he was given the glass of cold water. The silence was comfortable, everything was fine . . . fine.

"You sure did have a bad dream, Huh?" Elijah said breaking the silence. Denis put the now empty glass on the nightstand and quickly but carefully wrapped his arms around Elijah's waist and pulled him onto his lap, digging his nose into the crook of Elijah's neck.

"I'm sorry!" Denis blurted out but ended up coming out partially muffled. Elijah confusingly said, "Sorry for what?" "Please don't leave me ever!" Denis continued. Elijah brought his free hand up to Denis's locks, twirling strands of hair with his pointer finger eventually making his way up to the scalp massaging it.

"I won't . . ."

Denis huffed out a breath of relief and soon found peace in Elijah's presence to even care about anything happening around him, just peace and quiet.

« «Denis's mind» »

'It was all a nightmare, where did it began?'
'It all felt so real, I know I have to fix this before any of those events reoccur in reality'

'I've already fallen too deep . . .'

__________________________________

I know this one is short but I just had to say thank you for 1k reads, I'm just unbelievably happy
Omg thank you so much, THANK YOU!!!
<3