Chapter - 12

"Move your feet!" Rip drops to the ground and sweeps Kade's feet out from underneath him. I hear him growl in frustration as he climbs back to his feet and swings wildly at Rip, clipping his jaw unexpectedly.

"Kade! Knock it off, I'm not training you to take cheap shots while sparring." His eyes snap to the floor at my criticism before nodding.

I look at the contract in front of me, a Russian diplomats son that got a bit too excited and disappeared with his friends on holiday, simple snatch and grab that I could do in my sleep.

"What's that?" I close my laptop quickly, smiling up at Tony.

"Nothing I need to worry about right now. What are you doing down here? You said you were going on a run."

He plops down into the chair beside me pulling me closer to his body with the arm that he'd wrapped around me, "Eh, the run was canceled, well my part was canceled. Apparently the Prez of the northern chapter didn't want to go on the run, something about his daughter's birthday or something. No need for a 'diplomatic' ride."

Chuckling softly, "When have you ever been 'diplomatic?'" He shrugs, watching the sparring match between Kade and Rip.

"How's he been doing?" I shrug nonchalantly.

"He'll get there; he's rough around the edges. Very angry, just like I was when I got to the Marines. With some structure and discipline, he'll be alright." I watch as Rip slams Kade onto the mat, Kade groans while Tyson laughs off in the corner.

I check my watch and see that it is nearly eight thirty, Maria would be upset if we were late to dinner for the second time this week, "Pack it up, dinner's in half an hour."

Kade drags himself to his feet mumbling about wanting to 'beat Rip's ass' before he climbs out of the ring and stops beside the chair I'm sitting in. Even though he's been here for nearly a month, he still only feels comfortable around me and sometimes Tony.

"Go get cleaned up. Then go to the kitchen to see if Maria or one of the ladies needs help." He nods before walking off towards the door, "Don't piss off any of the guys, and stay away from the whores!"

He shouts an 'okay' over his shoulder before disappearing into the hallway and then stomps up the staircase. "He doesn't like to be ordered around much, does he?"

Rip steps out of the ring, followed closely by Tyson, one grabbing his water bottle and the other typing away on his cellphone. "He'll get over it, that kid needs some structure."

I chuckle at Tony's comment before standing and stretching my stiff muscles, I haven't had a decent fight in a while and now my body doesn't know what to do. I was down for the past ten weeks, Tony and the boys ensuring that I let my ribs heal completely, the only time I went out was to collect money, or track down some people for the club; jobs and other leisures forgotten about until the situation with my family is settled.

I don't need to be distracted with anything else, especially with the amount of attacks that have been occurring due to the Sand Vipers and Henry's desire to hurt me or possibly kill me after disrespecting him in front of his club and then joining his rivals' club.

"Brook?" My eyes snap up to the quiet voice in front of me, Maria. She had come down and only now do I notice that the guys were already gone.

"Yeah, sorry Maria. I'm coming up now." She walks forward placing her hand on my cheek, a soft, sad smile on her face as she looks over my face.

"I'm worried about you, sweetheart. Have you been sleeping any better?" I smile, chuckling softly at her concern. Of course she was concerned, the guys were as well. The first few nights that we had been here I woke up screaming from the nightmares that plagued my mind, Tony begged me to talk to him, but I wouldn't, the memory too painful to share, and worse, made me guilty for what I'd done.

"I'm fine, Maria. I sleep when I can, I just need to work." Her sad smile doesn't go away, but she nods and heads back upstairs. I groan loudly, rubbing my face with my hands roughly before gathering my laptop and cellphone, heading upstairs. Making a quick pitstop by my room, I drop my laptop on my bed before checking my gun and tucking it into the waistband of my jeans behind my back.

When I finally make it to dinner, everyone is laughing and joking. I drop into my own seat beside Tony, he immediately wraps him arm around the back of my chair resting his hand on my shoulder.

A few people look our way, confusion on their faces, others glaring. What happened?

"What's with the looks?" I whisper lowly, Tony looks around before back to me, and shakes his head.

"Something happened while you were downstairs, we'll talk about it later." I narrow my eyes before making eye contact with Rip and Tyson. Something is off about them too, they're antsy; each one of them hand a hand under the table, their guns resting in their laps.

"Antonio, what is going on?" My raised voice draws the attention of those sitting closest to us. Maria and Diego both have uneasy looks on their faces.

"We received a... message. From the Sand Vipers." My blood boils at his confession.

"What was it?" He shakes his head, not admitting anything. Standing up quickly, I notice a few men reach for something in their cuts.

"Pres?"

"Don't call him that girl!" One of the members that I have yet to learn his name seethes at me. A few others grumble in agreement.

"Then maybe you can enlighten me on what is happening around here." He rolls his eyes before glaring at me again.

"Like you don't know? Being the whore daughter of the Sand Vipers' Pres. One of our prospects had his hands cut off and sent back to us with a note. 'Send back my daughter or more will follow.'"

That explains it. Tony growls lowly at the man calling me a whore, but remains silent when I place my hand on his own. "I am his daughter, but my loyalty does not lie with him. And as soon as I get the opportunity I am going to kill him."

"Bull! You're here to betray us and let the Vipers take over." I pull my gun out from my waistband and slam it onto the table before staring him in the eyes.

"If that's how you feel, why don't we hash it out?"

There's a few grunts of agreement as the man rises from his seat, "I'm going to break your bones."

"Bring it."