Chapter 4

TW: FIGHTING, SELF-DEGRADING

You weren't paying attention to your surroundings as you ended up running into the counter, hitting your head pretty hard. You winced, bringing your head up as you rubbed it. Bennett started frantically waving his arms, "I'm sorry! I really am! I really hope my bad luck didn't rub off onto you already!!" He panicked. You looked to Bennett, gently setting your hand on his shoulder, "It's fine! I'm sure I didn't get your bad luck just like that, this also isn't the first time I've run into something..." You tried to reassure. Bennett sighed, "Alright.." You both quickly ordered the food you wished to take with you, you were still concerned of what you were getting yourself into.

Fast forward about three months, you and Bennett go on adventures often now. You enjoy the other's company.

You laughed as Bennett told you a joke, feeling kinda bad about it since he was self-degrading himself a little. You proceeded to walk, spotting a berry bush. You went over to it, not noticing the hilichurls that appeared behind you. You peacefully picked the berries, humming. Bennett spun around just in time, his eyes widened as his sword appeared in his hands. He quickly ran over, throwing his sword up just in time to block the club heading for your head.

As wood and steel collided, the sound snapped you out of your peaceful phrase. You shot up, stuffing the berries into your pouch. Your own sword appearing in your hands as you went to help Bennett. Bennett looked to you, "Y/N, I got this!" He called. You shook your head, refusing to stand idle.

You spun around when you heard a branch snap behind you, your eyes going wide when you saw it was an Abyss Mage. It was a cyro one too, meaning you could do little damage to it. You clenched your eyes together, taking a deep breath. As you released your breath, your eyes opened and you started going crazy with your attacks, avoiding using your elemental skill as it would do nothing. The Abyss Mage launched you back, causing you to let out a loud cry as you landed on your back. Bennett was still busy, unable to hear you.

You stood, shaking your head. You went at the Cyro Abyss Mage again, growling when you saw its shield was barely scratched. You were getting more injured attack after attack. You were launched again, this time getting thrown against a tree back first. Your sword went flying out of your hand. Your consciousness was fading quickly. Your managed to stay awake to hear Bennett yell, "Y/N! No!"

Bennett looked over at you just as your chin pressed against you chest, his expression got angrier. He started going nuts on the Abyss Mage, breaking the shield with ease. Bennett didn't allow the mage to stand, keeping them down. He vanquished the Abyss Mage, his breathing heavy and his posture slouched. Bennett threw his head back, gaining his breath as he straightened up. He looked over to you, his sword disappearing. He knelt down, checking on you. His expression was saddened as he picked you up bridal style. He kicked your sword up, watching it disappear.

And so Bennett began, back to Mondstadt.