Chapter 5

Bennett carried Y/N's limp body up to the cathedral, knocking on the door as he balanced their legs on his knee. He stood in a crane position till he could get his hand under Y/N's knees again. Y/N's arm swung limply, they looked almost dead. Barbara opened the cathedral door, "Bennett did you injure yourself again?" She asked, not having noticed Y/N's body in Bennett's arms.

Bennett looked aside and let out a chuckle, "No, not this time." He said, wondering how many times he would get injured. He shook his head, shaking it off. "This time it's Y/N." Bennett looked down at you, his heart sinking, "We got into a fight with a Cyro Abyss Mage, they tried to fight them, but got injured. By the time I could help, they were already growing unconscious..." He sighed.

Your eyelids twitched, showing signs you weren't too badly injured. Barbara perked, ushering Bennett inside with you still in his arms. Barbara began to heal Y/N, and once she finished she looked up to Bennett. Her blue eyes now filled with a bit of worry, "Take them to their house, let them rest." She instructed.

Bennett nodded, hurrying out so you could wake up in a warm bed instead of his arms. He didn't want to make it awkward for you, knowing you might be a little confused when you woke. One issue remained however, Bennett didn't know where you lived. You never showed him.

Bennett paused beside the statue, thinking. 'Perhaps I could take them to my place instead? No... Y/N might be weirded out by that. But I also might not have a choice, I never met their parents so I can't ask them..' Bennett argued with himself, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath as he began to walk towards the Adventurer's Guild's place.

Bennett walked up to his fathers, "Dad, do we have a free bed for them? They have been instructed to rest, and I don't know where they live.." The man nodded, pointing the white haired boy towards a free bed. Bennett smiled, sighing of relief as he gently placed you on the bed, pulling a blanket over you.

Bennett sighed of heavy relief this time, standing back up as he looked down at you. Y/N looked extremely.. peaceful and beautiful to him as they slept. Bennett quickly shook his head, looking away. "Let's not make this weird, Bennett.." He said to himself, turning to go and sit with his fathers. He took off his goggles on his head and his gloves. He ran a hand through his hair, no idea why he found you so amazing.

His cheeks puffed out as he covered his face with his hands, dragging them down it. What is it about them? He thought, Why do I always want to be around them?