RANT: Piper McLean🤦‍♀️

There's already a super good Piper McLean rant from Autumn (Quotev), so check that out too! She's got multiple rants about her and they're all pretty good. I wanted to give you my reasons as to why I hated Piper so I decided to make my own rant (also because I've just been holding this in for a while and I needed to let go 😌)

BTW, this chapter will be posted in my guidebook, so if any of my readers from there get an update in the next few minutes, just know that it's the exact same chapter as this one!

WARNING: Piper-fans, read at your own risk.

Have you guys read the chapter "Strong Female Characters" yet? If you have, then you're probably aware of how much I love actual strong female characters and hate the false "strong female characters". Unfortunately, Piper's one of the fakest "strong female characters" I've ever read about.

Piper is not a strong female character, you guys. She's a failed attempt at it. Here's an excerpt taken directly from my "Strong Female Characters" chapter, and I've also put check marks on the traits that Piper has:

When people say "strong female characters", some dumbass authors seem to think that means:

- OC hates dresses, skirts, and the color pink ✔️

- OC hangs out with guys instead of girls ✔️

- OC hates shopping ✔️

- OC is the type to wear sneakers with dresses because they're ✨quirky✨ ✔️

- OC isn't afraid to eat fattening foods (but doesn't gain any weight, wow)

- OC cusses like a sailor because they're "bADaSs"

- OC can kick ass ✔️

- OC is bitchy and sassy ✔️

- OC doesn't cry because they're not WeAk ✔️

- OC thinks girls who are feminine are either slutty and/or pathetic ✔️

- Other characters like her for being "DiFfErEnT" (but if she were a person irl, she'd actually be very unlikeable and quite annoying to deal with) ✔️

People seem to be making the horrible mistake in thinking that making a "strong" female character is making them the exact opposite of femininity.

See what I mean? PIPER IS NOT A STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER! SHE'S A TERRIBLY WRITTEN ONE!

"But author, I thought it was okay for characters to have negative traits!"

Yes! That is totally true! Except Piper's terrible traits were never actually called out in the book by other characters! THE READERS WERE THE ONES WHO NOTICED THEM! That's not a good thing, you guys!