Lucky Quinn

"Experience has taught me not to be manipulated, not to back down."

―Lucky Quinn

Dermot "Lucky" Quinn is a major character and the secondary antagonist of Watch Dogs. Quinn is the leader of the Chicago South Club and the one who ordered the hit on Aiden Pearce and Damien Brenks, and in doing so, sets the course for the game.

Description

Lucky isn't a pampered mob boss - he fought for everything he owns and he's still fighting. He's an intense, imposing man who has survived countless attempts on his own life. As head of the Chicago South Club, Quinn knows embracing technology is what elevates his operation to unparalleled success in the criminal underworld.

Background

Quinn was born in Galway, Ireland in 1938. He said that he came from a poor family, and had five brothers and sisters. They left Galway for Chicago when he was young, however, one of his sister died on the way. Quinn later became a thug in the local mafia in Chicago. During this time, he was involved in a shootout with the Chicago Outfit, but luckily survived; he was then nicknamed Lucky.

In an unknown year, Quinn became the boss of the Chicago South Club, which became even more powerful under his reign. Quinn made a deal with the Blume Corporation and financed the ctOS project in exchange of an access to the network, which makes Quinn even more powerful. Thanks to the Bellwether code from Blume, Quinn recorded a video of mayor Donovan Rushmore murdering Rose Washington, a former employee from Blume, which he used as a blackmail to control the mayor, and also arranged his re-election. Quinn also associated the Club with the Black Viceroys led by Delford "Iraq" Wade. Both lead a major human trafficking ring. Quinn is also a billionaire and own many businesses such as the prestigious Merlaut Hotel in Mad Mile, Chicago.

In 2012, two hackers, Aiden Pearce and Damien Brenks, hacked in the Merlaut Hotel to siphon the customers' bank accounts. Quinn, however, thought that they were looking for Rushmore's footage. Quinn hired Clara Lille to identify the duo and Iraq (who hired Maurice Vega) to carry out the hit. Lena Pearce, Aiden's niece, died in the attack. Aiden then sweared that the author of the hit will die.

Quinn is also described to be a philanthropist, though it is assumed that it is actually a cover-up for the Club's activities. The people of Chicago have generally positive opinion about Quinn, which means they are unaware of Quinn's ties with the Club and the ctOS.

Events of Watch Dogs

Quinn is first seen in the mission where Aiden needs to deliver a client to him, after being assigned by Jordi Chin. Because he messed up, the client was stabbed in the throat by Quinn, shortly after he received what he wanted.

Quinn was later present at his human trafficking auction, which Aiden infiltrates masquerading as Nicholas Crispin. While trading words with Aiden, Quinn received a message on his phone, before remarking that he's not the type to be fooled. Aiden then escaped Quinn's men.

During a benefit at the Merlaut, after Mayor Donovan Rushmore gives a public praise to Quinn, they went off to the side. Rushmore demanded that Quinn end his blackmail against him but Quinn refused to release him, unaware that Aiden, having discovered that he was the one who ordered the hit on him, was also in the Merlaut, watching Quinn through the cameras. As Aiden made his way to Quinn's floor, he was caught by two guards as he stepped out of the elevator. Aiden revealed that he was seeking justice for his niece Lena, who was accidentally killed because of Quinn. Quinn scoffed at this, wondering why there was so much fuss over such a "little problem", then left his men to finish off Aiden, who overpowers them and fights through Quinn's hired Fixers to reach him. During this time, Quinn had sequestered himself to a panic room in his office. When Aiden discovered the panic room and confronted Quinn, he taunted Aiden from behind a pain of bulletproof glass, telling Aiden to give up and live his life. However, the glass could not protect him from Aiden, who induced a heart attack in Quinn by hacking his pacemaker. Reeling down in pain, Quinn realized that Aiden didn't know the reason he was targeted. Admitting it was a mistake, he then showed Aiden footage of Rushmore murdering Rose Washington, and revealed that the reason he ordered the hit was because he assumed that Aiden was looking for it. Falling to his knees, Quinn promises that even if he dies, the people would erect a statue in his honor while Aiden would fall into obscurity. However, Aiden reminds him that he's the vigilante, the man who cleans up "scum" like Quinn. Aiden then uses one last hack, shutting off the pacemaker and killing Quinn, while Quinn offers to "make any deal [he] want[s]."