Chicago Police Department

The Chicago Police Department or the Chicago PD is the primary law-enforcement agency in Chicago.

With the recent introduction of the Crime Prediction System, police can use the ctOS to identify and locate criminals in a matter of seconds based on as little as a 911 call.

Appearance

Most Chicago police personnel wear navy-style uniforms consisting of an external bulletproof vest over a light blue shirt and tie, dark cargo pants, black shoes and a dark blue jacket with the Chicago Police patch on the left sleeve and the flag of Chicago on the right sleeve. All patrolmen also wear a unique star-shaped badge on the upper left of their vest and some of them will also wear a checkered police cap.

CPD SWAT units wear green uniforms, black boots, black knee and arm protectors, black helmets and a black bulletproof vest.

HRR (High-Risk Response) Officers wear full black body armor, black helmets with bulletresistant visors and communication equipment.

HUD Icons

Red and blue dot: Police officer on foot

Flashing red and blue dot: Police vehicle currently in use

Blue rectangle with red wrap: Police roadblock

Red helicopter profile with a flashing blue dot on the cabin area: Police helicopter currently in use

Vehicles

Police Vessel

Police Cavale

Police Sonarus LX

Police Polar

Police Helicopter

Weapons

Px4

SG-90

416

M1014

MP5

Frag Grenades

SR-25

AI

If Aiden Pearce pulls his gun in the public, kills someone, run over a civilian, stealing a car, etc, the civilians can report him to Police. After the phone report, a ctOS scan will find Aiden's whereabouts. If Aiden fails to either stop the caller or fails to escape ctOS scan, the police will respond immediately and arrive within few seconds after the scan (which is strange since Police rarely patrols, thus resulting a lengthier arrival time) and apprehend Aiden (Shoot to kill if more than 1 dots or after ACT III). If an A.I Criminal is discharging his weapon against Aiden Pearce or anywhere, the civilians will report Aiden Pearce as suspect instead. Thus, Police will arrest/shoot him instead, unless the A.I Criminal is on their path. See below for this.

If an A.I Criminal pulls out a gun and/or shoots, the Police will immediately respond by attacking back. The Police usually never shoots the gangsters or mission enemies who attack Aiden Pearce if they see him. If however, the attackers are attacking the police, Police will respond by attacking back. The Police will never respond to crimes done by civilians or unarmed criminals, whether they kill other civilians or not.

Also, Police A.I is also cheated mostly on "Search Mode". In E3 version, if you got evaded from the Police and the Police enter in "Search Mode" they would just keep speeding around the map, wondering where you are. In final version however, it has been changed into more cheaty method(Same applies to GTA V Police A.I), where when the Police enter "Search mode" they will always, always patrol around your hiding spot, pretending they don't know where you are but in reality they know. There is even an instance the officers can get off their cruisers and walk to your hiding spot.