Lena Pearce

"I don't want to go to anywhere. I want to go to Pawnee."

―Lena during the flashback in "They Can't Hide".

Lena Violet Pearce is a major character in Watch Dogs. She was Nicole Pearce's daughter and Aiden Pearce's niece. Despite her brief appearance in the game, her death was ultimately a major influence in creating the Vigilante.

Background

Lena was born on June 4th, 2006, to Nicole Pearce and her unnamed husband. She was born 3 years after her brother Jackson. Just like her brother, she was very close to her uncle Aiden, who was somewhat treating this family has his children. Aiden, for example, says that she liked going to Pawnee, and was very happy when Aiden showed up at Nicole's house. Her interests were music, dolls, wildlife and dancing.

Death

In 2012, Aiden and his partner Damien Brenks attempted to hack in the Merlaut Hotel in order to siphon people's bank accounts. They however failed when they encountered another hacker in the system. Aiden then terminated the link. Quinn, the owner of the hotel, thought that the duo was trying to get the footage of Mayor Rushmore murdering Rose Washington, and ultimately hired Clara Lille to identify the duo. When the duo was identified, Iraq, an associate of Quinn, hired Maurice Vega to kill Aiden.

On October 26th, Aiden was driving Lena and Jackson to Pawnee. Maurice Vega and his unnamed partner located the car in the tunnel. Maurice, however, saw Lena and couldn't kill Aiden. Instead, he shot the front left tire. Aiden lost control of the car, which crashed into a pillar. The accident was fatal to Lena, but not to Aiden or Jackson. Lena was only 6.

Her death had a deep effect on her family. Her brother Jackson developed post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and was unable to speak to anyone except his mother. Aiden sets out to avenge his niece's death and protect his family while discovering who is responsible for the attack.[1]Her death also affected Clara,who felt guilty for her involvement in Lena, which is why she wanted to help Aiden.

Mission appearances

Bottom of the Eighth (Flashback)

They Can't Hide (Flashback)

Big Brother (Mentioned)

Thanks for the Tip (Mentioned)

Hold On, Kiddo (Mentioned)

Jury-Rigged (Mentioned)

Hope is a Sad Thing (Mentioned)

By Any Means Necessary (Mentioned)

No Turning Back (Mentioned)

Sometimes You Still Lose (Mentioned)