Delford "Iraq" Wade

"Listen, you're costing me business. Who do you think's gonna win between you and business?"―Iraq to Bedbug.

Delford "Iraq" Wade is a character that appears as the tertiary antagonist of Watch Dogs

Background

Iraq was born in 1987. He was raised along with his cousin Tyrone "Bedbug" Hayes. Iraq ran in the United States Army and fought during the Iraq War. Being honorably discharged, Iraq became the leader of the Black Viceroys and turned the small gang to a powerful crime syndicate. The Viceroys led by Iraq seized control of the abandoned Rossi-Fremont public housing project and made of the abandoned apartments buildings an almost impenetrable fortress, locked with ctOS equipment and card readers.

Iraq ran deals with the Chicago South Club leader Dermot "Lucky" Quinn, to associate both gangs. He split his gang in two groups : the first one was tasked to ran small deals in Chicago, and was mainly youth gangbangers, and a second group that he considers as his 'family', and operates from Rossi-Fremont. The second group received military training and gear from their leader.

Iraq also used servers from Rossi-Fremont to hack in many persons' data in order to obtain blackmail that he would use to become the new king of Chicago. Iraq got data from almost everybody, including Blume, Quinn, the ctOS, the Police. Iraq planned to release all of it at the right time, but was lacking only one piece of his scheme : the footage of mayor Rushmore murdering Rose Washington.

Events of Watch Dogs

In 2012, Iraq attempted to hack in the Merlaut Hotel (owned by Quinn) in order to get the aforementioned video, but failed when he encountered two other hackers in the system, and only got a corrupted file. Quinn, who was unaware of Iraq's attempt, asked Iraq to scare the two hackers. Iraq then hired Maurice Vega to kill Aiden.

In 2013, Iraq managed to acquire a briefcase containing the guest list for Lucky Quinn's auction. A Club man was later sent to Rossi-Fremont to get the case back, the scene being witnessed by Aiden and Clara who hacked in the cameras. After receiving an annoyed call from Quinn (who called Iraq a stoat), he disparaged the gangster, labeling him a "leprechaun", then asked what a stoat is. Another Viceroy gave another laugh by answering Iraq, saying that a stoat is a weasel, prompting Iraq and the Viceroy to have a small laugh, before Iraq crushed the offending member's skull with the briefcase.

Iraq later provided security for Quinn's auction and personally met Nicholas Crispin, who was actually Aiden Pearce in disguise, having killed the real Crispin to get close to Iraq to clone his RFID card.

Iraq later catches Bedbug in his server room. Knowing that his cousin couldn't have gotten in by himself, he held him at the edge of a window. Bedbug confessed that an unknown man had put him up to this. Discovering a wire on Bedbug, Iraq alerted him men to the intruder, though Aiden is able to escape. Iraq then questioned Bedbug if he knew anything about Rose Washington. When he was certain that Bedbug knew nothing, he spared him.

When Aiden later assaults Rossi-Fremont and gets to the servers, Iraq confronts him as he was leaving. Iraq thought it was Crispin but realizes it is actually Aiden Pearce. Aiden accuses him of being the second hacker from the Merlaut, to which Iraq expresses confusion, as they had never met. As Aiden was ambushed by another Viceroy, Iraq makes a run for it and orders his remaining gang to kill the vigilante. When his men were all killed, Iraq personally involved himself and was killed in the attempt.

Personality

Delford is a loudmouth but a proud leader of the Black Viceroys who knows how to get his gang inspired, however he is shown to be extremely intelligent and calculating through his associations with Quinn as merely business and in the way he has formed the Viceroys as both a stereotypical gang and also his personal army for upcoming war with those he sees as enemies. Ironically, 'Lucky' Quinn is among these.