Tug Of War with Lights

"Hello!?" I knocked on the door of the house, situated at the end of the path. "Is anyone there?"

The door creaked open. I glanced inside. The house was bright, filled with expensive furniture and multiple rooms. I walked in, unsure of myself. I got a small flashback of when I went into the yellow house. It felt the same. I stood on the welcome mat, staring at the surroundings that I completely forgot about: a living room. The house reminded me much of my own house. Memories flooded into my head. I pinched my arm to stop them before the door shut behind me.

"Oh no. Not again." I muttered in frustration. The lights shut off next. Note to self: stop entering houses that are not yours. The house was pitch-black, I couldn't see a thing. Sudden lights appeared at the ceiling, fusing together and spiraling their way towards me. I was trapped in here, I didn't know what to do. The lights tied themselves around me, like tying a rope around your target. This time, the light was so bright that I couldn't see a thing. The light tugged on me, from each side simultaneously, like players playing tug of war. I shrieked in pain, not knowing what to do. I tried to reach my backpack. I pulled off the strap of it and managed to unzip it. It tugged so hard that the force would've broken me in half, but I resisted the urge to crumple on the floor and give up. The tugging was immensely painful and I couldn't think of anything but the pain. I dug my hand in the bag desperately and got cut by the knife. I quickly took it out and attempted to cut the ropes, but it didn't seem to do anything but go through the light. I tried to get my thoughts straight, although it seemed impossible with the tugging and excruciating pain. An idea shimmered into my brain. I took out the floral torch and switched it on. I presented the torch at the light ropes, which collided with the light from the torch, allowing it to disappear. As soon I completed untying myself with the torch, the darkness shimmered into silver dust, forming the letters '3RD MISSION SUCCESSFUL. 2 REMAIN.' I squealed with delight before something hit me in the face, coercing me to faint.