The Final Adventure

I woke up, yawning, after a good night's sleep. I looked around me. My surroundings were completely different than last night. This time, it was nothing but laurel trees. The bench that I slept on was not in sight. The map was still in my hands, except it was completely blank. It flew away towards a gate, tangled with grapevines standing in front of me. I approached the gate and attempted to open it. All that came out of that was excruciating pain racing through my fingers, reaching my scar, and a booming voice shouting "PLEASE TELL YOUR NAME TO PROCEED."

I don't remember it ... wait ... I think I do! The bull's name tag, the flowers in the water, the floral torch, the flower cupped in her hand, and the flower that turned into a shuriken. Those are all my clues. Remember the Greek myth, the name of the girl who turned into a laurel tree.

"Daphne!" I shouted with assurance.

The gates opened, revealing a table with a goblet sitting on it.

"The Goblet!" I shrieked with excitement. I went inside to pick it up and drank it without thinking. It tasted cold. It had no fluid in it, just cold wind. The next thing I knew, I was in what seemed to look like a black void. I glanced at my arms that were throbbing immensely. They were covered completely with scars. Now I understood how the people from the yellow house were covered with scars, but, what was happening? The people from the yellow house landed in their homes, but I was stuck in this void-like area. I tried standing up and walking into what seemed like nothingness, but as soon as I got up, I fell down with a huge thump and blacked out.

I expected to wake up at my house. But I did not land there, yet I was standing in a bloody, wet drippy void. I could listen to my voice, but it sounded blurry and huge like I wasn't using my mouth but was in someone else's while they used it. But it was my voice. I banged on the window, but my scar started throbbing and leaving a mark as soon as I did so. Was I in the scar? My hands and feet were painted with blood-coloured wounds, which weren't visible before.

To this day, I still don't know what happened. I still live in my own scar, wondering.