The Price of Ambition

━━━━━━━━━━━━
The price of ambition

━━━━━━━━━━━━The price of ambition

First magic War
━━━━━━━━━━━━

We're at war, darling...

You can only be an ally or an enemy

...You can only be an ally or
an enemy

TOM RIDDLE DID NOT PREDICT ALTHEA YAXLEY

REGULUS BLACK DID NOT PREDICT ALTHEA YAXLEY

When war breaks out and you have to make decisions, your morals don't always lead to success.

Whether Althea had always known that or if she had learned of it later was a mystery. A mystery that Riddle was eager to solve.
What was it in that little girl's psyche -broken- that made her choose such a tangled and tortuous path. What were her motivations for joining him? He prided himself on being able to corrupt even the purest souls, the untouchables, through fear but when he got to her... it wasn't there. She respected and feared him as a follower does his lord but the loyalty, she put into him was unknown. It wasn't obsessive love -like Bellatrix's- it wasn't fear -like Malfoy's- and it wasn't aspiration for a better world. So, what was it?

That it was damned, torn and corrupt. He didn't care. He would find out and exploit it without any mercy.

It had never occurred to him that the shy, docile Althea could stain her skin so red. He didn't think her soul could take so much misery so why was she there? Perhaps Regulus had never met Althea Yaxley after all. Perhaps she wasn't as docile as he thought after all.
Certainly not now, in the council chamber, surrounded by Death Eaters and with an arrogant look on her face, her wand clutched between her fingers and the promise of destruction on her tongue. Regulus Black didn't know why Althea was there, but her eyes -rich with greed- rested on him and then (he thought) he understood. If Althea Yaxley had renounced her morals for him, then Regulus had another weight on his shoulders, another betrayal to make and another beloved face to say goodbye to.

She was beatified, whole and pure. That was what he wanted to believe. He would have to find out.

But then...Althea Yaxley...what did she want?

They both want her...

But no one asked her what she wants

Christian coulson/ Tom Hughes as Tom Riddle

Timothée Chalamet as Regulus Black

Chicha Amatayakul as Althea Yaxley

Disclaimer

Unfortunately, I don't own them or the magical world of Harry Potter, but Althea is my invention oh and kinda the plot (it was a dream).

Warnings

Disturbing topics such as murder, war, smut, toxic behavior, manipulation etc

Dedications

illiicitaffairs alwyzeasierry thesehunprint liliiferr lilacwine-aesthetic4lol camilledarling  serialkillerr-  clemXx andiesatrocities shinyVirgox iimperius vmalfoyriddle ukhaava le0ris1ng

And all the person who will read this bizarre transformation of a dream into a story.

love y'all <333