Prologue

Mature content ahead

1978

The sound of gravel being crushed by red soles was soon drowned out by the incessant pounding of a song that drove young people crazy.

Tom was disgusted.

With his hands stuffed into the pockets of his black suit, his gaze bored and impatience injected into his nerves he made his way down the dark alley - black cloak dimly lit by a couple of street lamps. He didn't give a second glance to the pathetic muggles lined up in front of the entrance and gave the slightest nod to the bouncer before walking into his club.

The catchy beat of the song only gave Tom an annoying headache, and he would have preferred to drown himself if the alternative was to be around so many disgusting Muggles. He didn't waste any time, he went straight to the private part of the club - the one accessible only to a certain elite of people - he didn't even have to nod. The doors opened the instant the two men on guard saw him.

He was greeted by an equally annoying atmosphere, but at least this time he could consider the company more worthy. The bitter, strong smell of alcohol hung in the air, mixed with an intense drawl of what looked like cigars. He regretted once again that he had bought the place.

It had been foolish of him to buy it, but at the same time it seemed the best solution. In a club, accessible to every witch and wizard, a large amount of Pure Blood gathered would have been less suspicious.

When he reached the bar Lucius Malfoy immediately approached him "my lord" he bowed before offering him a glass of Fire whiskey "we are delighted that you have joined us for this evening of celebration" Riddle did not reply. He kept his eyes glued on the celebrating crowd. He found it pointless, celebrating, and then for what? His inevitable victory? A waste of alcohol and time.

He had agreed to that ridiculous party but he would never let anyone ruin his plans for the next day, an important day. Tomorrow he would meet the new followers and grace them with the mark. Walburga, after the failure of Sirius, had promised him her second son and Yxaley, oh that man with the gift of clairvoyance had promised him his firstborn with the same gift, if not greater. An incredible bargain, two more young minds to mould to his pleasure who would be more than loyal to him.

Malfoy soon left and left him to his thoughts, they were however interrupted prematurely by none other than Rodolphus Lestrange. "My lord, may I suggest a more interesting activity than sitting in a corner planning?"

Now, Tom Riddle wouldn't have allowed anyone to speak to him so lightly but Lestrange had proved to be extremely useful in the last while and his festive attitude could ignore it, as long as he stopped it at the very moment it required him. "I'm afraid there is no one of interest to me lestrange" which was not entirely a lie. Tom certainly wouldn't turn down an offer to spend the evening between a witch's thighs but on girls, as with everything, he had a refined and precise taste.

So far he had only used two girls and both had not satisfied him sufficiently, he had no idea what happened to them but he remembered vividly the disappointment he felt at the conclusion of the intercourse.

"May I suggest the redhead on the left?" her eyes were already on him, he didn't like her. "The blonde girl at the bar?" she had drunk too much. "the blonde on the right?" Tom wasn't fond of the game Lestrange was playing. As mean and terrifying as Riddle could be he didn't particularly like what could be called 'one night stands'. He would have no problem using his looks to charm and coax people into doing what he wanted but sex... it wasn't nearly as satisfying as he thought it would be.

Lazily looking out over the crowd, his irises caught a violet glow. When he lazily returned his gaze in the direction of the flash he found only a man clearly confused and embarrassed as he tried to hide the bulge in his trousers. Tom arched an eyebrow, 'strange' but then it happened a second time and Tom became more curious than necessary. He searched the crowd for something that might resemble purple and finally found it.