𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚

"WOW." Julie mumbled as she finished reading the song and looked up at Roxy her had a crooked smile, "This is really good, and...romantic, who's it about?"

"All the shorty exes I've had, and partially about Reggie?" Roxy replied in love of a questioning tone, she sighed heavily and covered her face in slight embarrassment. "I don't know, the meaning behind this song is all over the place, that's why I was way to scared to ever bring it to Luke."

Julie felt a slight warmth fill her heart at the trust Roxy had for her, it was understandable, having another girl to bond with when you're constantly around boys can be like a deep breath of fresh air. "Well Like would've been lucky to even lay a finger on this piece of work, I'll figure out a beat, and then we'll be performing."

Roxy smiled widely and blushed at the compliment, "It's not all that well, it one of the only songs I've written, I don't get how Luke can write so many."

Julie let out a breathy laugh as she glanced at the paper full of neatly scribbled words, she took notice of the difference between Roxy and Lukes hand writing. Julie slightly thanked Roxy for her hand writing despite her claiming that it was 'sloppy'. "This song is truly beautiful, I'm glad you brought it to me, thank you."

"You're welcome."

For a few minutes Julie sat down with Roxy as they figured out a tune that didn't too many complications since they would require Flynn to DJ and the girl admired herself that she was only a beginner. It felt nearly impossible but in the end they had figured something out. A nice melody with the piano, it was smooth and just the right tone but it let you feel the emotion out into the song.

"Flynn!" Julie whispered-shouted as the girl turned towards her and stepped away from the DJ.

"Are they here yet, I can only stall so long." The girl muttered as Julie smirked, Flynn furrowed her brows at the look and stepped back. "Why do you have that look."

"I have a song we can play, but with only one of the members, it'll do. One is better than nothing so bring the piano and your DJ skills, we'll be ready in 5 minutes." Julie quickly explained while Flynn nodded and processed everything for a moment.

"Alright, cool...I'll go get the piano."

"Perfect." Julie giggled and turned to Roxy who nervously tapped her foot, "We can do this." Julie encouraged as Roxy looked up at her.

"I know, I'm usually not this nervous before a performance but this is a song that I personally wrote, about someone that I am literally in love with, this shit is nerve-racking." Roxy replied and groaned, "I'll be right back." Before Julie could say another word Roxy had left.

The girl appeared in a gas station, she looked around and noticed behind cashier stacks of cigarettes contained in a cupboard. She didn't even hesitate before she walked thought the counter and reach for the cigarettes, she grabbed a nearby lighter and walked out the store. She leaned up against the wall and placed the cigarette in her mouth, she lightly grazed the fire over the edge and inhaled the smoke. She puffed it out and immediately felt better, although Reggie disapproved
of her smoking, she never listened. It was a terrible habit she picked up from her father, whenever he would get stressed he would excuse himself for some 'air' but then the smell of cigarettes immediately filled her nose when he stopped back in.

One night, out of morbid curiosity Roxy stopped outside and saw her father with his a cigarette in one hand while the other was shoved in his pocket. He stared up to the stars, he examined them and was so focused that the presence of his daughter wasn't even acknowledged until she tugged on his shirt.

"Dad, I'm hungry." The young girl slightly whined as she clutched her empty stomach, "There's no more food."

The man before her sighed heavily before pulling the cigarette out of his mouth. "We'll I sure as hell ain't gonna walk all the way to the market just to get you some food." He offered the smelly cigarette to a young eleven year old Roxy, she took, at that point didn't care about the smell. "Now don't swallow it, just inhale."