The Discovery

GRAY'S POV

I sighed for the nth time. I'm currently sitting here in the bar while everyone do what they usually do. Mira is serving some drinks, Cana drinking a barrel, Erza eating her cake while Lucy, Natsu, Happy, Wendy and Gajeel are caught up in some argument about the sourest food.

I sighed again. Idiots.

"What's the problem, Gray? You seem to sigh a lot." I didn't notice Lisanna sitting in the stool beside me.

"I'm just bored to death." I answered in a bored tone.

She smiled understandingly. "Why don't you go on a job?"

"Apparently, the team wants to relax after the chaos those spirits caused." I said.

Lisanna giggled earning us a deathly glare from Juvia.

"You can't blame them especially Natsu. He hardly takes a break."

My face softened. "I guess so. Mira, a milkshake, please."

Mira smiled and said 'Just a minute' before Lisanna excused herself.

As I was drinking my shake, I sensed Juvia coming my way: probably to bug me again about my looks. It's irritating, actually. But what she said is far from what I thought.

"Gray-sama, Natsu-kun is quite handsome and adorable, don't you think?" I almost spurt the shake that's in my mouth when she said that. I looked at her with an aghast and surprised and she was looking or rather staring at Flamebrain with those adoring eyes that seems to have sparkles and flowers.

"What?" I asked. Thinking I must have heard wrong.

"Juvia thinks Natsu-sama is handsome and adorable." Okay, so I wasn't wrong. And hell! Juvia looks dreamy.

Before I knew it, I was laughing hard. Everyone in the guild stared at me while Juvia is blushing and pouting.

"Oi stripper, whatya laughing hard at?" Natsu yelled. In normal circumstances, I would’ve jumped on him but this isn’t normal. Sure, Natsu have tons of admirers. I do too but Juvia? You know how she literally kissed the way I walk and now, she’s having a crush. On my rival. Hilarious! (GRAY! Shut up, you egoistical bastard.)

"Natsu. Hahaha. N-natsu. Wait, haha." I said in fits of laughs.

"Gray-sama, please don't tell them." Juvia saidplead and whispered.

I'm sorry Juvia.

I thought darkly

"Natsu!"

"What the hell, ice princess? You keep saying my name, you idiot." He said. And I can feel the frown.

In normal situations, I would've challenge him to a fight but again, this isn't normal.

"Juvia.. Haha, thinks you're handsome and cute!" I said.

"I said handsome and adorable!" Juvia corrected.

Then the guild silenced, staring at her in shock, including me. Who would've thought she'll actually shout it herself? When she realized what she just said and did, her face flamed red: then the guild erupted in whoops and whistles. I looked at Natsu and he was blushing furiously while Lucy's nose blows out steam. Oh, I forgot that blondie over there likes him too.

 The moment I stared at him, with his messy salmon hair, slanty onyx eyes, thin reddish lips, blushing cheeks and gorgeous bo- what? Oh wait, I'm che-

"You're checking him out, Gray." I suddenly heard Mira tease.

I frowned to hide my embarassment. "Was not." I said but she just giggled. Okay, Juvia was actually right. I searched for Juvia and there she is, being mobbed by the girls, asking her details. Oh well.

THIRD PERSON

Everyone has settled down from the scene and Juvia's nowhere to be seen. Natsu's calming down and Lucy's still fuming about how Juvia got a crush on her crush. Gray went to their table and started conversing with them casually to hide his own embarrassment.

Then the guild doors busted open to reveal the Shadow Gear.

"Welcome back, Levy-chan!" People said.

She didn't return the greetings but instead, she went straight to where Natsu and the others were seated, looking troubled.

"What's wrong, Shrimp?" Gajeel asked.

Instead of answering him, she nudged Natsu and showed him a black book with intricate fire designs. It’s a beautiful book with the cover made of black iron with foreign runes.

"Natsu, do you know what this is?"

Natsu scowled. "It's obviously a book, Levy. Are you an idiot?" He said.

"No, but can you read what's written?" She said, desperation and excitement with the hint of hopefulness laced in her voice.

Almost everyone gasped. Levy, the bookworm, is asking what's written in the book to Natsu, the idiot?

"What the hell? Can't you read it?" Natsu exclaimed while snatching the book. He opened the metal covering and latch.

"No, it's an unknown scripture. I tried but I can't decipher what it says. When I saw the designs, I thought that maybe it has something to do with fire magic." She explained. Natsu looked at her before looking at cover of the book.

"Hmm, it says ‘The Lost Magic of the Ancient Dragons’, Levy." He answered in a bored tone.

Hearing what he said, everyone gawked at him, thinking one thing: Natsu read what was written on it like it was just some normal book.