False

As Vane watched The Terror prepare to drop anchor, he began to contemplate what little Captain James could have possibly brought back on this haul. What her prize could possibly be. It could be anything in prices ranging from a couple thousand pieces of eight to only a few hundred which was never enough for her crew. He didn't understand how they could possibly stay so loyal to a puny captain such as her. If there was one thing he knew for certain about Lyla by now was that she lost quite a bit of sleep while out on sea. After she would check in her cargo, she'd go back to her quarters and fall asleep while her crew would unload the prize. She hardly ever slept out on the ocean due to the rocking, bobbing, and swaying of her vessel.

As usual, Lyla was sleeping on her cot. None of her crew had noticed that Vane had boarded The Terror. He never boarded any of the other ships nor did he care what the other sips brought back. Just Lyla's. Some say that he only boarded to see the Pirate Princess considering her unnatural beauty. Others say that he was Lyla's lover. One was false. Either way, nobody ever attempted to stop him except for Eleanor Guthrie if she was present.

"Get off my ship you bloody bastard," Lyla mumbled, knowing that Charles was right there without looking. He could walk quietly but he wasn't quiet enough.