Chapter 3 - Explanations

Once Serene hung up, I tugged the necklace off and marched into York New City. I made my way to the store where anyone can sell anything to the public.

"Hello! What would you like to sell today?" an employee asked.

I pulled the necklace out of my purse and placed it on the counter. "Uh... this. I don't care about the money. Just make sure someone gets it," I stated, walking towards the door as soon as the necklace was out of my grasp. I headed back out to downtown York New, staying as far away from Antonio's restaurant as possible.

Well, I'm definitely not meeting Antonio later. And none of my friends from work are free today... Maybe the blonde is.

I unlocked my phone and exchanged a few messages with the boy. When it seemed appropriate, I asked if he wanted to meet for dinner.

"I'm okay with that. Italian food again?"

"Oh, definitely not. You pick the place."

I let him pick the place. Sure, it was my birthday, but I didn't really care where we ate as long as it wasn't near Antonio. A few hours passed and I started to scurry to the address that 'Blondie' sent.

Hm, Blondie. If he's not going to give me his name, I'll just use that.

I saw a large glowing sign in front of a small restaurant. Chinese food. I was satisfied with that. I pulled the door open and scanned the room for the blonde.

"Hi! How many?" a waitress asked.

"Oh, I'm actually looking for someone. Is it possible you saw a blonde boy—weird clothing, a little too proper—check in?"

The worker tilted her head to the side, looking confused when suddenly she realized who I was talking about.

"Oh yes! This way."

She led me into the seating area where I spotted the boy. He was sitting at a booth, looking down at something, most likely a phone. I walked over to him and his eyes met mine, widening before trailing down. He looked away and cleared his throat.

"Hey!" I greeted him before sitting in the booth across from him.

"Hello, (Y/n). I hope you like Chinese food," he said.

I let out a soft, quiet laugh. "I do. Anything is better than that Italian restaurant."

"Oh?" he said curiously. "Do you not enjoy the food there?"

"Oh no, that's not it," I responded. "Just a personal reason."

"I see."

He handed me a menu and we both went over what we'd order before the waitress came back. She took our orders, which forced us to converse once she left.

"How has your birthday been?"

"Well, the one thing I've really done today is come out to dinner with you. I've only made a few friends since moving to York New, and all of them were busy today," I responded, taking a sip from my water.

"That's a shame," he replied, looking as if he was going to ask a question about what I just said, but was holding back. "Seeing as you have nowhere else to be tonight, would you like to take a walk through Dayroad Park as well?"