Chapter 19 - Restless

SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG. there's a lot of personal stuff going on + i had to edit all of the previous chapters. i also rewrote this chapter like 10 times because i needed to make sure the pacing of this story was good.

that's all. hope u enjoy this chapter <3 ]

~

I rubbed my eyes and yawned before stretching my arms into the air and sitting up. My feet touched the cold, rose-colored floor. I cringed a bit at the sudden sensation.

My eyes finally decided to focus and I found that my gaze was immediately set on Kurapika, who was sleeping peacefully in his separate bed. His blonde hair was extremely messy; it covered his eyes and stuck up in several directions. I watched his chest move up and down with every breath he took. A smile came to my face until I realized what I was doing.

Why was I literally watching him sleep...? Not creepy at all, (Y/n).

I shrugged the thought off and entered the other room in the hotel, getting ready for the day and taking the time to complete every part of my routine. While I wanted to use this time to pamper myself and clear my mind, I found forgotten thoughts resurfacing.

When Kurapika and I returned to the hotel the previous night, we agreed to get a bit of rest before further constructing our plan. It was extremely late and we could barely keep our eyes open.

I wasn't too worried about how we would complete the task of killing Machi and Shalnark. Kurapika and I both had very good problem-solving skills and I knew we would quickly come up with something.

However, what I couldn't seem to get off my mind was what would happen next. It was November 23, so there were 36 days until I would be met with the fate of facing my parents and Antonio.

It was quite difficult to decipher what exactly Antonio's motive was. He claimed to be in on the weird vendetta my parents had against me, and yet he let me hear the conversation he had with them, giving me lots of needed information and time to prepare for the dreaded meeting.

I had a feeling that he was not as evil as he tried to seem. And perhaps he wasn't really on our parents' side. But, of course, there lay the possibility that I was thinking too much into it.

Regardless, I couldn't find myself trusting that thought too much. If he had something to do with Fiona's death, I would never be able to forgive him.

I was pulled out of my trance when I looked into the mirror I was getting ready in and saw Kurapika's drowsy face.

"Good morning," I mouthed, not bothering to turn around.

"Good morning," he mumbled, obviously still tired as his voice was raspy.

Kurapika sighed and dug his clothes out of his suitcase, walking into the bathroom. The sound of the door closing was followed by the water running.

He walked out of the bathroom twenty minutes later. I had finished getting ready in the same amount of time. He made coffee for both of us and then sat on the sofa next to me.

"I suppose we should figure out what to do next," I suggested, taking a sip of the coffee.

"What we do is kill the other two spiders in Glam Gas Land. That is the only route we can take," Kurapika replied. "Can you check to see if they're still at the same hideout?"