Chapter 14 - Showtime

'Showtime'? What does he mean? Did Chrollo notice the satellite? Did they see through my disguise? What's happening?

"What do you mean by that?" I inquired with a chuckle.

"You're Chantelle," the pink-haired woman stated. Her demeanor was cold and determined as she walked closer to me, taking the glasses off of my face and throwing them at the wall.

"Chantelle?" It'd most likely seem like I was still putting the act up, but I simply forgot that I even used a code name in the first place.

"The acting isn't necessary," the short man commented.

I plucked off the name tag that read 'Florence' and shrugged. "Okay, you know that it's me. So?"

"'So'? Tell us what you want," he remarked.

"I felt the power of your auras and wanted to find out more about you guys, that's all," I lied with my arms crossed. A few moments of silence passed.

Chrollo sighed. "Kill her."

Before I had the chance to react, Feitan was behind me. I kicked his legs from behind, knocking him onto the ground. He quickly got back up and rushed back over, this time with a sword in his hand and the same devilish look in his eyes. He swung, but I dodged, causing the sword to get trapped in the wall for a few seconds. I took advantage of this and threw an uppercut toward him. With the sword still jammed in the wall, he stumbled back and spit out a bit of blood onto the floor.

"Dammit..."

I turned with a satisfied smirk to see Machi behind me, holding a thread of Nen in each hand. She threw them toward me and I jumped back to avoid the attack. This went on for about twenty seconds until a vexed expression crossed her face and she pulled the threads back. I ran up to her and she jumped back in order to avoid me. That didn't work, though, as I lifted my leg, delivering a blow to her cheek.

This is... weird. Is this actually the Phantom Troupe? I've only been using my own reflexes and physical strength in this fight, yet they seem inferior. Am I stronger than these members? Maybe I am. I wasn't subjected to training my entire life for nothing.

Feitan sprinted towards me—and with unbelievable speed, may I add—in an attempt to send another swing in my direction using the sword. The metal met my face and Feitan's expression turned to something unreadable. Pain shot into my right cheek as the sword sliced it. Blood dripped onto my neck, and then the floor. I grabbed my cheek, now staining my fingers in red. I wiped my hand on the black dress I was wearing and jumped to the side to dodge another wave of the sword.

I yawned. "This is getting kind of boring."

Machi's expression shifted slightly, exhibiting a hidden shock. Feitan only looked angrier than before as he brushed his finger along the sword from top to bottom. I turned to Chrollo, who was unreadable as always as he stood in a corner. However, he now had a slight smirk as he stood with a closed book in his hands.

I grabbed a knife that was hidden, strapped to my thigh. I ran toward all of the curtains in the room and sliced them up, exposing the moonlight. The entire room was lit up except for corners and blind spots. This was the only way my second ability would work.

"Why did you do that?" Feitan asked, his voice choppy.

"You'll see."

I let a huge amount of aura flow out of my body until I was completely shrouded with deep green energy. My aura extended tremendously, causing Feitan's eyes to slightly widen.