𝓪𝔀𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓲𝓹𝓼𝓮

"Is the sky brighter or I just haven't step out in a while?"

The two lovers sat under a tree, not far from their quarters base. Severine lean her head on his shoulders, intertwining their fingers. Nozel still seems to not get use for body touches, and everytime she does something like this or even a simple accident of her skin touching his, he always gets shy and flustered.

"The sky is prettier today because you're here"

Nozel lean for a kiss. Severine smiled, closing her eyes, waiting for his lips to touch hers.

Nozel might not be good with skinships but he is good with words and always tries his best to show her how much he loves her.

"And I think it will be prettier everyday from now on..."

"Captain! Captain!" a voice coming out from the communication device interrupted the kiss.

Nozel shot the poor magical tool a glare. "Can I kill him?"

"You better not, Nozel-sama" The black haired female comforted her lover.

Nozel heavily sighed. Pulling the communication device out of his pockets. "What is it?" anger is obvious in his voice.

(The Magic Emperor ask for you to go see him at the tower) the male on the other line stuttered in fear.

"Alright." Nozel finished, putting the device back to his pockets. "What a bother."  He irritatedly stood up, forgetting to lend a hand to his future wife to stand up.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He apologized.

"No, It's okay." She chuckled, waiving her hands infront of him.

"Then, I'll be back."

"Take care."

Nozel responded with a nod. He turned around and yelled a spell, letting out his silver eagle to bring him to the tower.

"Nozel!" The female called, stopping him on his tracks. Nozel turned his back.

"Wha---" He was surprise when she pulled him. Severine tip toed, reaching for a kiss. Nozel wrap his arms around her waist for support, deepening the kiss.

~

Nozel Silva instantly finish his task that the Magic Emperor gave him. It was supposedly a 3 day mission but he could not waste any second to see her again.

"You know, you can report to me tommorow morning." The Magic Emperor yawned, Nozel woke him up from his slumber as he needs to report back from his mission.

"No, I have to spend a whole day with my wife tommorow."

"A ha ha, is that so, then you are dismissed. Good work, Captain Nozel"

"Thank you, Julius-sama."

As soon Nozel isn't in his sight anymore, the Magic Emperor went back to his room "I see, Nozel finally found someone who he can hold dearly."

~

"I'm back." He softly said, announcing that his home. He carefully locked the door behind him and went inside. Nozel has his own room in the quarters, but he find it more comfortable to stay in Severine's room. The sad part, he's not allowed to sleep next to her since they aren't married yet and that tortured him to death.

He found Severine deeply asleep in the bed. Nozel hold himself back, he wanted to lay beside her so bad.

Nozel sat on the chair beside her bed. His head suddenly wondered, coming up with a stupid thought. Should I ask her to marry me tommorow? In that way, there won't be any problem. This torture will be gone.

"Yes, I should do that." He sounded determine.

Nozel stared at her in awe. His admiration towards her since they met years ago, the first time he felt unsure on his own feelings. That night, when he saw her accidentally,  sneaking out of the castle. He already knew that she was the child of a forbidden love of a commoner and a royal from back then. Nozel remembered her face clearly, the same how he remembered every thing that the nobles did to the little girl. He was there silently watching, blending in the crowd who treated her like a trash.

In curiosity, he followed her secretly, she went to a church and handed the box to a Sister. What's inside the box made him curious and his curiosity was soon answered when he overheard the Sisters in the church saying that Severine sewed clothes for the citizens in the village to wear, as some could not buy proper clothes because of poverty.

Severine only sneaks out once a week in the middle of the night and Nozel continued to watch her secretly in every village that she went. He found himself protecting her without her knowing in every danger. That's why, Severine never encountered anything bad when she sneaks out.

"Oh, welcome back" Severine greeted, scratching her eyes. She motioned herself to sat up, her blankets resting on her lap to her feet.

"I'm sorry. Did I interrupt your sleep?"

"No..." The female struggled to open half of her eyes "You don't have any injury, right?" Nozel check his sides for a scratch and found none. He answered her a nod and that was the only thing Severine wish for when he came back, safe. "I'm glad."

She held out an arm, the man cannot follow what she meant by her actions. Severine didn't have a choice but to verbalize it for him. "Come here, sleep with me."

Nozel glance at her, contemplating if he should join the daring lady in bed. This is bad. This is really bad.

"Why are you torturing me?" Nozel slammed his hand on his forehead. Him doing that made her throw a giggle. "You do love to watch me getting frustrated, huh"

"I certainly do not, Nozel-sama." She innocently said with a cheeky smile on her face.

Nozel gave up on restraining himself. "Then, excuse me..." He whispered, sliding his body on the mattress. It took him a minute to find a comfortable spot and when he did, he stared at the ceiling, his hands clenching the blanket.

"Is it okay if I hug you?"

"Y-you don't have to ask me that." Nozel let out a nervous cough. "Severine, you don't have to ask permission to me everytime."

To Severine, his tone sounded like he was mad, she avoided his gaze, turning her back on him. 

Nozel wanted to reach her, but he doesn't know how. Growing up, he was always been the one being chased.

There was a dead silence between them before Severine break it with a question.

"Do you find me irritating?" she whispered. It took long enough for Nozel to answer as he was shock and couldn't get the right words to say. "I knew it. You do hate me, just like them."

No.

"I'm sorry if my existence upset you. I'm sorry if I've become a nuisance."

Nozel's eyes soften. His hands unconsciously embrace her from behind. "No, Severine no. It's not like that." He breathed slowly "I just don't want you to get used to ask everyone's permission to do the things that you wanted."

This isn't just about asking permissions anymore, her trauma is coming back at her.  Nozel heard her faint sobs. It broke his heart into pieces. His feelings were all mixed up. He wanted to destroy those people who brought her sufferings. Nozel wanted to comfort her. He wanted to give her everything, everything in the world she could ask for.

"I know you got used to it from the House of Kira, but you are free now. You can do anything you want. Do you understand?"

Nozel close the distance between them, his breath tickling her neck. He paused for a moment, getting all the courage to say those words. "I love you." he muttered, leaving a love mark on her neck.

~

“Zora, The magic knights are amazing. But no matter how amazing they are, even a Magic Knight can’t fight alone. They trust their companions and overcome deadly situations together.”
~ Zara