1. alli [football]

this one is for alili! i completely forgot whether she wanted me to include her name or not so i'll just say y/n even if the character is brown. i'm not fully comfortable writing some stuff but i hope it lives to your 'standards'- might do a part two to this.
hoodsokka

not fully proof read please point out mistakes.

[973 words]

[973 words]

——

it was a win for the team and dele had decided that a day out would be the best to celebrate with his mates. he had another match tomorrow and clubbing was not an option.

none of his secondary school friends were complaining though, london was absolutely spectacular in the late afternoon sun.

the guys found themselves huddled at a little quaint but definitely not cheap cafe in central london after a few hours of hanging out around town.

'hi my name's martha, what can i get for you today?' a waitress had approached them and asked. dele was going to answer when he saw a flustered woman enter the shop with quite a few bags in her hands. she found a seat quickly and out of what looked like frustration, dropped them all on the free chairs at the table.

'mate, she's asking you something.' one of his friends nudged him, asking him to pay attention to the patient waitress who remained smiling. she had noticed his gaze on the other woman who happened to be her friend.

dele snapped out of his daydream, realising the situation. he quickly ordered what he wanted and went on his phone, which earned groans from the other guys.

'nah man that can't be it! dele, you have to ask her out!' dele just stared up at him. 'she's literally out of my league what are you on about!' (as i wrote this exact sentence, a guy behind me went 'f*** what are you on about!!— got so scared thinking he could see me writing fanfiction 😭😭) he justified himself for not making a move.

even causally looking her way made him want to take in her beauty. she was very beautiful.

after a few 10 minutes or so, one of his mates stood up decisively. 'that's it dele stop looking around like a lost puppy, ask her out or else i will!' that was enough to gain his attention.

heaving a sigh knowing he was defeated, he got out of his seat and made his way towards her.

it was only when he stood before her did he realise that he had no idea about what to say. cursing at himself in his head, he questioned walking past to make it look like he was headed for the door. he really hadn't thought this through.

'yes?' the voice of the woman sitting down adjacent to him made him meet her eyes. she looked even more beautiful from closer up.

'well?' she straightened up her scarf that protected her from the quite chilly breeze that accompanied the sunny day outside.

'ehm- ah,' he cleared his throat, internally begging himself to stop acting so pathetic and talk to her. 'do you mind if i sit here?'

the girl's eyes registered the surprise until she slightly smiled and nodded in agreement. 'yeah sure.' her accent was local like he expected.

it was quiet for a while; the unnamed girl sipping on the beverage and shutting her book a few seconds later. she looked up at him, slightly checking him out (only slightly) before she said what she had been meaning to say for quite a while now.

'i would say it's quite rude to stare.'

dele blinked in response, not understanding exactly what she meant, giving up on trying to hint at him to start a conversation. she started

'what made you stop throwing looks my way and make your way here? i've been here for around 25 minutes now.'

dele blushed in embarrassment. crap, he had been caught. maybe he should've just stuck to sulking by himself in pity.

y/n, at the same time, was sweating by herself wondering where all this confidence was coming from. imagine he hasn't been looking her way! she would've looked vain or arrogant or something displeasing!

dele has time to recover from his moment.

'the book that you're reading has piqued my interest. not many people are into' he made a show of moving his head to read the title 'chemistry and its applications( shshsjs random fancy long name idk i don't do chem) 'that'.

y/n giggled. she liked this man. 'you see when you pay this much money for university you kind of have to study, even if it is as dreadful as chemistry.'

dele had gained all the confidence he was lacking before.

'can i interest you with a drink to accompany your 'studies'?' he asked, secretly hoping she'll say yes and also that he hadn't forgotten his wallet at the other table.

'only if you tell me your name.' she replied, equally satisfied with the situation.

he took out his hand to greet her with it, properly. 'dele. does that mean i can buy your drink for you now, miss...'

'y/n' she replied, catching his hand over the table, both knowing this was going somewhere nice. 'y/n' he thought on his head; he couldn't help but think it suited her perfectly.

he said it again after her, in an attempt to pronounce it. y/n screamed on the inside. this was too good.

'i think you got yourself a deal then.' she smiled.

please give me honest feedback i know my writing isn't the best and i haven't updated in years and omg this sucks but i quite enjoyed this? like a little break in my day to just write for the benefit of myself and someone else huh?

author