3. leclerc . part ii [f1]

i do not know why i named the oc leilani. literally no idea just happened. i think it flows nicely, leilani leclerc. you can obviously imagine that it isn't an oc. let me know if i should post a version of this mini story with y/n instead of leilani!

[1391 words]

charles was still sat in the ferrari, even after leilani had left. he just couldn't fathom how he let his relationship with his sister deteriorate so bad to the point that she was practically a stranger to him.

he was about to resign and listen to leilani's parting words when he physically shook his head and got out of the fancy sports car. he locked the door and headed in the direction his sister had disappeared to. it was a block of flats in a decent looking area. he figured she must be working to afford having a place to live given that she had cut ties with the family.

or rather, the other way round.

he pressed all the buttons on the little intercom style box outside the main door until someone, anyone, answered.

'hello?' it sounded like an old lady.

'yes i've been locked out of my flat.' he lied in an attempt to be let in.

'that sounds like a fib dearie. i know everyone who lives here.' it took him a moment to understand what a fib is.

the women's voice suddenly became distant as she greeted someone else. she must have forgotten to close the door.

'hello darling.' he heard the woman greet someone else, who replied in return. the woman kept speaking to someone else until he heard the muttering die down.

'miss. i'd really appreciate it if you let me in. i need to fix something with someone. please, i'm begging you.' the request wasn't as humiliating in person as it was in his mind. he hoped his sincerity was more present in his voice.

'promise you won't be a murderer and kill me?' the woman said back into the phone.

'thank you very much! i promise.' he waved into the camera that he now saw was present by the doorbell for extra resolution.

he heard the door open and he quickly made his way inside. he encountered the old lady on the second floor.

'hi hello, have you seen a woman who just uh walked in a few minutes before me? she was wearing a white sweater top and black trousers and white shoes and-'

'oh lani just passed through.' she answered his questions. she didn't miss how his face contorted in confusion for a second before quickly asking which flat she lives in. she looked at the man and realised he looked very similar to the girl, possibly family? she thought.

'you sure you won't do any harm? i can throw punches too.' she said with intimidation in her voice at the man's request, doubting his intentions.

'i don't know how to make you trust me, but i need to sort something out with lani before she is lost forever!' it sounded dramatic but he needed to convince this woman.

'two doors up. don't let me down.' he nodded before rushing off in the direction. before going up, he turned around to the old woman again.

'thank you again,' he sincerely said, taking a hold of her hand in respect. the old woman smiled as she patted the back of his hand in reassurance.

charles quickly rushed up the stairs and knocked on the door fervently, unable to think of anything else but reconciling with his sister. the eye of the hurricane had passed them, he thought, there's no way this could top the level of confrontation and screaming in the car so it has to have some sort of good outcome.

'who is it?' he heard another woman's voice call out. when he didn't reply, she called out again. charles ran a hand through his hair, panicking. he didn't give a reply. 'i'm not opening the door until you tell me who you are?'

'charles.' he answered with a shaking voice.

he could hear the person inside unfastening the lock. the door opened fast, revealing another woman.

'what are you doing here?'

charles looked between the room and what he assumed to be her flatmate. 'not to be rude but who are you?' he almost hesitated asking, not wanting to look rude.

'carine.'

'who is it carine?' leilani called out from inside, walking out as she talked. she stopped in her tracks when her eyes landed on who was at the door. her face was unmistakably wet from tears. she quickly wiped her face with the back of her sweater's sleeve. it appeared she had changed from her before into more comfortable clothes.

'carine why did you open the door?' leilani asked annoyed, unsure of how to continue the conversation with her brother. she felt regret for how she behaved in the car, not able to excuse herself. she wished she was a little more mature about everything. she had been wishing to blow up on her brothers since forever, and now that it had happened she felt empty.

'i don't know, you mentioned him so-' she looked between the pair of siblings, her eyes darting from the boy to the girl.

'i'll leave you alone.' carine finally said, realising some privacy was needed. she locked eyes with her best friend and decided that she would need a proper run down later.

charles was relieved, at least she mentioned him to her friends. she hasn't totally forgotten about her life before.

'was the speech in the car not enough?' leilani asked, crossing her arms in front of her.

charles looked up guiltily, unable to form a response in his head.

'look, fayette,'

leilani's eyes screwed shut at the mention of the name. he really thought she could climb her walls and jump down by calling her that name. little fairy. no, she didn't feel like a little fairy.

'no no don't call me that charles. you can't call me that now.'

charles didn't know what he had to do to get her to agree with him, but he knew he would go to every extent.

leilani sat down on the sofa of their little apartment, rubbing her arms in discomfort. she wanted to scream and shout at him, call him the ugliest names, hurt him like how he had hurt her, curse out her entire family for everything they put her through, but all she could do was just sit there.

as if you couldn't get more pathetic.

the inner voice startled her, it was in a voice that was the cherry on top of her entire situation. her ex fiancé.

she craved stability, and thought rushing it in with a man that she knew didn't care for her would provide her that. she didn't know when she stared crying but when she did, it started pouring.

charles was confused but he still went to sit down next to his sister. his hands awkwardly dangled around her shoulders, hovering above them in uncertainty. he didn't want to upset her any further.

eventually he pulled her close and hugged her, and it was then that leilani's sobbing became more audible. she was crying like she had never before, sobbing, weeping, whimpering, murmuring 'i hate you's in between her sniffles.

charles thought he knew what the heartbreak of family was like. he knew it was bad.

but he was wrong. because the heartbreak he was going through right now while his own sister was wailing next to him was a million times worse.

he treated the temporary girls in his life better than how he treated his own little sister, heck he treated everyone better than how he treated leilani.

the sister that was once the brothers entire life and soul, the light of their family, was now suffering because of the very family.

he was lost for words.

sorry for literally the year long wait 🙂 i had lost motivation. please comment and vote. i'm going to make this a mini series and maybe publish it in a book separately!

author x