5. vettel [f1]

for evie
Baby_Vettel

for evieBaby_Vettel —

[1330 words]

'here's the man of the moment, sebastian vettel!' the commentator shouts in german as he crosses the line in p1 much to the surprise of others who had thought his time had passed. he had just won his 5th world championship.

the gorgeous green of the aston martin car was now circling donuts onto the track like the driver of the car had done so many times before. evie just watched on from where she could see, a smile broadening into a wide grin under her mask.

she fixed the light hoodie she had picked to wear for the day in Melbourne. to people around her it seemed like a mere clothing choice, seeing as she was wearing a tank top underneath with some jeans.

she had her kids jumping up and down at the sight of their dad circling the circuit like he just won a championship for the first time.

she watched as he got out of his car and sent kisses to where they were standing. she sent an exaggerated kiss back while her children squealed at their dad from the distance, being able to make out the green car and suit out of the rest. she remembered the second time he won, that was when they were both quite a lot younger. she had crossed the barrier and jumped into his arms while he spun her around. it had made quite a few papers and the photos were framed in their house in switzerland. probably the few times she would thank the press for their contributions to society.

she smiled at the memory and looked down at her three children who looked too much like seb, fully understanding how far they've come in their relationship.

he got out of the car and ran towards his team, celebrating no doubt. she knew that the team was going to go wild with the partying tonight. and as they should.

she would've made more advancements closer to the circuit but she couldn't. the children would get swarmed by the press and people in general and while she knew sebastian would appreciate sharing the moment with them then and there, it would harm them in the long run.

also, her growing bump prevented her from running too much, not that anyone besides herself knew of this little fact. it was her fourth pregnancy and she knew better than to hurt herself by accident.

sebastian pr officer gestured for them to go down. evie tilted her head a little; maybe he had changed his mind about that.

'5-time world champion! how does that sound seb? give us some words, a few more than kimi from a few years ago please.' the german was giving the interview that would be immortalised as the interview. the special one where a driver had just won his 5th driver championship.

'i- i can't explain this in words. this means too much to me and-' he couldn't get far in his words when his girls came running in, clinging on to his leg.

'papa!' they started with that word and then kept blubbering on and on asking him questions he had no time to answer on live television. the reporter chuckled too and evie had to send an apologetic look to his pr officer for the way they interrupted. britta waved it off, seeing no need to

evie tried to get the girls attention and keep them away from the camera but it seems like every rule she had written for the girls to follow suddenly didn't exist anymore. in their heads at least.

she was going to scold them but then saw the way that seb was reacting to the girls, which stopped her from being so tense about it.

he looked up to evie and sent her a stunning smile, this was their way of communicating knowing that they would have to save it for later. she motioned at the girls to come along so they could let their papa do his job before he could celebrate.

the reporter had finished their interview and moved along, seeing the star was waiting for a moment with his partner.

as soon as he turned to leave, the couple fast walked-jogged towards each other in what could only be conceived as an impatient manner before throwing their hands around one another.

'well done my love.' it was a simple thing to say but they both knew it meant a lot and every word was sincere. she couldn't say more than that. she didn't know what else to say. her tears were about to leak from her eyes when she let out a watery giggle. she was so proud of her man.

he still had his arms wrapped around her when she continued speaking.

'it seems impossible to make this night even better liebe but...' she loosened the arms around him slightly to create some space between the embracing couple.

seb looked down at his wife wondering what the hell was going on. he was giddy already from the feeling of the win and he didn't believe her implications.

'seb..' she whispered, guiding her hand to her slight bump.

his eyes widened slightly at the gesture.

'wait what-' he couldn't continue further without the grin almost splitting his face. this seemed unreal.

'really?' his voice was a mere whisper, feeling that if it was any louder he would break this little bubble of magic.

her eyes were wet as she nodded, shaking from happiness.

he leaned in closer to give her a gentle kiss. it was full of love, just love. she felt it and he felt it too.

unbeknownst to them, the photographer with the reporter had lagged back to pick up some equipment he forgot on the table.

he saw the moment and picked up his camera to capture the moment. he wasn't going to send it to his boss, he leaned into the lens and took the photo. the happy couple looking into each other's eyes with their children playing around them.

he left soon after.

—-

seb had lifted the title for the race and at the fia event, it would be official that he was the winner of the world championship for the fifth damn time (i will not shut up if this happens).

she watched on as he raised the cup at her and pointed his finger at her. people turned around to see what seb was gesturing to and she felt herself flush a deep red at the sudden attention on her.

the smile wouldn't leave either of their faces.

——

seb was trying to calm down the newborn baby, a boy, when the post came with quite a big package. he tilted his head curiously as he bounced the baby in his arms, trying to send him to sleep.

evie was in the kitchen, helping the kids colour in their new group project that they just came up with randomly.

he would've bent down to pick it up but didn't want to risk hurting the baby.

'lieben?' he called out. 'honey did you buy something?' she replied with a no and he could hear her footsteps on the floorboards. in the meantime (inspector seb), he checked the name on the package to see if it was the right address. 

a few seconds later, evie walked in sight. she cooed at her baby and took him from sebastian while he picked up the package and started opening it.

they leaned in closer at the picture, framed might they add, of the two on the night of his championship win.

they both just looked at each other and smiled a knowing smile.

i'm sorry if it isn't what you expected, i wrote this quite randomly because i remembered that people sometimes read this book and have requested some. it's not as intimate as i wanted it to be but i'll edit this tomorrow.