𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

Tsukishima's glare has been switching between the time on his phone by the dashboard and the red light that has been staring at him for half a minute now.

A minute is too long and his patience is being tested at how slow the countdown is.

As the seconds pass by, he's just starting to grow more anxious. His knuckles turning white on how tight his grip on the steering while and his feet tapping on an unsteady rhythm against the car carpet.

10...

9...

8...

He glared more intensely at the timer in front of him as if to intimidate it. He probably summoned all the devils and curse words he knows just in case it will intimidate the timer to go faster.

7...

6...

5...

4...

But he needed to stay calm and collected more than anyone right now. He needs to steady the pounding on his chest or he might not make it on time if he let his temper get the best out of him.

3...

2...

1...

When the light finally switched to green, he stepped on the gas right away and tried his best to stay focus on the road.

It was about an hour ago when he received a call from his mom while he's in the middle of work that they rushed his wife in the hospital.

He was thankful enough that his mom is visiting at that time or he wouldn't want to imagine the what ifs if she's not there at the right time.

Another thing he's thankful right now is aside from the traffic light, there's no traffic on his way to the hospital that it only took him about 10 minutes of drive.

As soon as he parked the car, he rushed inside the hospital and towards the emergency room, not giving a care in the world of how disheveled he looks.

His hair is sticking out all over the place from running, his tie is already loose around his neck and his shirt untuck.

"Kei!"

His mother called out to him from the other end of the hallway, jogging to her direction to see his older brother beside her.

"How is she?"

He asked breathlessly with his eyes on the door of the emergency room.

Kei just can't stay seated as he pace back and forth. It's been a hour now when he got there and they still don't have any news from the doctor about her condition.

He's growing more and more anxious every minute that pass.

"Mr. Tsukishima?"

He only stopped when the door finally opened and the doctor called out his name, letting him inside the room.

Kei noticed that the nurses who assisted were already cleaning up, but he could only care less to the people leaving the room. His eyes were fixated at his wife on the bed.

Despite of the visible exhaustion on her face, a smile is still present on her lips. Her eyes filled with so much adoration and love as she stare at the small bundle in her arms.

"Kei-kun."

She greeted him with a smile when he approached her side to take a good look at the small bundle in her arms.

He just can't take his eyes off of its small flushed face. Her small nose that scrunched up as she wriggle in his wife's arms. Her small lips who doesn't know if it needed to yawn or frown. Her small eyes that she's trying so hard to open but gave up eventually.

Her small hand that barely wrapped on his finger as he reached out.

"Do you wanna hold her?"

He was hesitant at first, but he accepted her in his arms as gently as he can.

How can such a human being be so soft?

How can they be so beautiful at such an early age?

How can a small human make his heart so full?

Is it really possible to fall in love that fast?

How can she be... so small?

He doesn't know. Tsukishima still doesn't know the answer to all of these.

What he do know is he'll do anything to protect her, to give her all the love and attention she deserves.

To love her for the rest of his life.

But that would be for another story for them to tell.

*** 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅 ***