Papa Peter

Summary:

Peter has been Spider-Man for 13 years now (He is 27). No one on the team knew that he had a son. The mother was never in the picture (Apart from the birth...she's sorta dead) but the child was kidnapped by Hydra when he was 3. (The child is 5) They find him on a mission.

"Peter, Steve has a mission for all of you. They're waiting in the meeting room"

"Thanks FRI I'll make sure to get there soon" Peter replied.

"No problem Peter"

Peter took one last look at the picture of him and his son and put the frame back into his bedside drawer.

None of the Avengers knew about Ben and he'd like to keep it that way. Sure, Tony was Peter's father figure but he couldn't tell his dad about his missing grandson otherwise he would exhaust every resource possible in order to find him. Peter had already tried that.

He made his way towards the room and slowly creaked the door open.

"Peter, late again! You are getting more and more like your dad every day" his uncle Steve reprimanded him.

You see, the only reason Peter had been late to most meetings that week was because he knew his son's birthday was coming up. Today, his Benjamin was turning 5 years old and they weren't together to celebrate it.

"Sorry Capsicle, I was... distracted" Peter rubbed the back of his neck, a nervous habit he had picked up from Tony.

"It's alright Peter, just make sure it doesn't happen again" Petter nodded in confirmation.

Steve then went on to explain the mission. The team were going to liberate yet another Hydra base. Apparently they had taken some important files from SHIELD and Fury wanted them back.

"We leave in five, suit up"

* * *

Nat had been closely watching Peter, all day. She hadn't found anything particularly worrying but he had seemed upset and she decided to ask him about it.

Peter was sitting on his bed, looking down at his feet.

"Hey маленький паук, what's got you so down?"

"It's Nothing мама паук"

Nat gave him a look. The look that said 'If you don't tell me what's wrong, I'm gonna whoop your ass so hard, your face will crash into the ISS'.

Peter sighed, "I have a son, or had even."

Nat's eyebrows shot up into her hairline. Out of all of the things she was expecting to come out of Peter's mouth, that was not one of them.

Peter leaned back onto the wall, the picture of him and his son dangling from his fingers.

When Nat paused to take a look at him, he looked exhausted. There were bags under his eyes and his posture was so rigid that Nat was worried he would hurt himself if he sat like that any longer.

Peter sighed loudly and got out of bed. He straightened out his clothes and took a deep breath.

"It's his birthday today. He's five. He's been gone for two years, two damn years Nat! I couldn't find him."

Before Nat could even think of a response, Steve called out,"Hey, is everyone ready yet? We're meant to be leaving soon!"

"Almost!" Peter shouted.