Soldier

Summary:

Peter is in the Military and is Tony's son (Adopted). Pepper and Tony are best friends (Not together). The avengers don't know about Peter. Peter was only Spider-Man until he joined the Military (He stopped after High-school). Peter is 28, I don't know why but it seems like a well rounded age. Any ranks in this chapter may not be accurate.

"I'm sorry Mr Stark but he went M.I.A two days ago."

* * *

It has been a month since then, and Peter still hasn't come home yet. Tony had exhausted all of his resources, trying to find his son, but there's not much technology to hack in the middle of a desert.

For the last few weeks, Tony has been holed up in his lab trying endlessly to distract himself. Of course, it has been good for the production rates of the company, but the rest of the team was starting to worry.

"What do you think is wrong?" Clint asked.

"I don't know but I haven't seen him like this in years." Rhodes replied.

"Pep, any ideas? Steve asked.

"Not a clue. Now unless there is something he is hiding from us, in classic Stark fashion, then I don't think anything has changed that could have possibly made him feel this way."

"Well I'm gonna go knock on, see if he needs anything"

Before Steve could even take a step in the direction of the lab, the elevator dinged and a man that most of the team didn't recognise stepped out.

The man was of an average height and had curly brown hair that came just past his ears and looked as if he hadn't seen the sun in a year. He was also wearing a worn-out US military uniform.

"Sir!" Sam stood to attention out of habit. He was shocked to see his Commanding Officer in the place where he lived but said nothing of it because he didn't have the authority to.

"Sir?" Steve asked confusedly.

"At ease Wilson, I'm not here for you."

"Then with all due respect sir, why are you here?" Sam enquired.

"I'm here to see my dad Wilson."

"Mini Stark, you've been missing for over a month. I advise that you have someone take you down to the med-bay immediately." Jarvis spoke worriedly.

"I'm fine Jarvis, no need to worry."

Already knowing the answer to his question but wanting to be sure, Sam said, "If I may ask sir?"

"Go ahead Wilson." The Official instructed.

"Who is your dad?"

Just then, Tony sleepily walks in with an empty mug in his hand whilst rubbing his eyes. Whilst walking over to the coffee machine he mumbles, "Still can't find him. So much for being a Stark, can't do anything right."

The soldier stares at Tony Stark for a moment then turns back to Sam and point his thumb at the genius.

Sam stares in total surprise. He would never have guessed that the panicked demeanour of Tony would have created the pulled-togetherness of his C.O.

As if the man could read his mind he whispered, "I'm adopted Wilson." And Sam nodded in understanding.

Once Tony had finished refilling his mug, he turned around and went to sit on the sofa but stopped immediately when he heard the quiet, "Hey dad."

In his state of shock Tony turned back around and dropped his coffee at the sight of his 28-year-old son standing in front of him in a tattered uniform, with a small yet powerful smile on his face.

The moment of complete and utter silence before Tony ran into Peter's arms was absolutely suffocating. The moment they hugged Tony cried, "Kid, don't you ever do that again!"

Peter laughed and said, "Well luckily we don't have to worry about that anymore, as of today I am a veteran."

For the third time in the span of about twenty minutes, Sam sat in a silent state of shock but quickly came out of it and shouted, "WHAT?"

Peter let out a breathy laugh and explained, "Wilson I had enough trauma for a lifetime, even before enlisting."

At Sam's curious look Peter sighed and began telling him his life story.

"My parents died in a plane crash when I was six. I was taken in by my Aunt May and Uncle Ben, Ben was shot when I was fifteen and May took her life shortly after that.

A year before they died, I was bit by a radioactive spider. Right before Ben died he told me that, "With great power comes great responsibility." Ben is the main reason I became Spider-Man."

The team was shocked that a person as young as he was, went through so much. Sam fainted.

"We should probably take him to the medbay." Steve worried.

"Nah, socks is tougher than he looks." Peter replied.

"Socks?"

"That's a story for another time." Peter laughed.

Tony quietly sniffled out, beside them, "Want any hot cocoa kid?"

* * *

833 words