Chapter 6

(Izuku's POV)
I awoke at around 7:00am in the morning and immediately shielded my swollen eyes from the bright, artificial light of Recovery Girl's office.

Wincing, I sat up to get a better understanding of my surroundings. All Might was sat sleeping in his deflated form in a worn armchair at the end of my hospital bed. I'll try not to wake him, I thought.

Don't get me wrong, that motherfucker deserves a fate worse than death, but waking him would only cause us to have to engage in conversation. No one wants to have to have an awkward yet polite conversation with someone they want to brutally murder. No one.

I used this time to check out my bandaged injuries. Most of them had already healed by Recovery Girl, but the tissue was bound to be fragile still.

I reached up to my face and felt, not only a bandage wrapped tightly over my head, but also a thick gauze over the bridge of my nose. I must've gotten carried away and broken my nose, oh well.

I let out a long sigh, ultimately waking the man at the end of my bed. Dang it! I guess it was going to happen eventually.

"M-Midoriya, my boy. Thank goodness you're awake and feeling better... I hope," All Might said, practically leaping out of the chair.

He stared at me and I didn't know quite how to reply in a way that didn't involve screaming and violent threats. I think I managed alright, though.

"O-oh, All Might. I didn't know that you would be waiting for me when I woke up," I replied, rubbing the back of my neck.

I want to hang you with a noose made of your own intestines, Mr. Might.

"Of course is be waiting for you, young Midoriya. When you got back to school, you had quite a severe concussion. I was here to make sure your condition didn't get any worse," he said.

Oh yes, I definitely got carried away with the injuries, didn't I?

I must've been staring blankly at him for a while, because he then stuttered as he spoke next. "W-well then... if you're feeling up to it, you should probably get ready for class. Your uniform is just here," he gestured to the bedside table, "and I'll leave the room as you get changed. I guess I'll see you in class later." He left.

My backpack was right next to my bed, so once I'd gotten ready, I took off down the halls towards the classroom. I got there a minute or so just after everyone else and sat down in my normal seat by the window.

The occasional stares of my classmates lingered on my bandaged eye, as well as my cotton-covered nose. Understandable. They're probably not used to seeing me so beaten up in places that aren't my arms. However, that doesn't explain the hushed snippets of gossip that I heard, or the feeling that everyone had suddenly tended up a little.

That must be from your little outburst yesterday. That probably see your unpredictability as a threat. Go on, show them who's boss. Show them a good reason for your fear.

Haha... maybe I will...

I was just about to do something I'd regret when Aizawa shuffled in, yellow sleeping bag in hand.

"Hey, sit down, be quiet, and stop looking at Midoriya like he has three heads - it's creepy, and not inconspicuous at all," he said harshly.

Thank you for that, Aizawa-sensei, I thought, if you hadn't stepped in, I would've had difficulty controlling my impulse to pry someone's eye out of its socket with a ruler. I smiled a little at that.

"Anyway, moving on. Next week we will be going on a little trip to a warehouse a few miles away. Well use our time there to practice your various skills as part of your hero training. Your upperclassmen will tell you that this trip will be fun, but I can assure you that this trip is purely educational. You understand?" Aizawa mentioned.

The class nodded in silence and our teacher continued. "The address is too secret for now. Nothing personal, just extra precautions just in case we have ourselves another USJ incident on our hands."

I knew this was going to make my premature spying career a little difficult if I didn't know where it is we'd be going, but I guess I'd have to make do for now. I'll let the crusty man know as soon as I get the information.

~~~

When I arrived home after getting the 'ok' from Recovery Girl, I took the bandages and gauze off of my face and stared at myself in the bathroom mirror. To say it left a scar was an understatement.

There was an ugly line of discoloured skin that went across the bridge of my nose; it was a good five millimetres thick and three inches long. It stung a little when it came I to contact with the water I splashed onto my face.

My eye that was under the bandage was strange, too. The whites of it were speckled with red from what I can only assume were burst blood vessels - that would go away, right?

Dang it.

Why do sad? Having a memorable face only makes you look more like a villain.

Villain, huh? I never thought of my wounds like that before... I kinda like it. And with the path I'm taking, I guess I'm bound to become a villain eventually.

Exactly. So why not embrace it? How about on that little trip you take with your class, you take action just before the League arrives? Injuring or even killing a couple of those useless so-called 'friends' of yours is sure to start the party off with a bang!

That is a fantastic idea! Shigaraki sure would appreciate something to start off the attack!

I stared intensely into my angry, red eye and imagined hurting my false friends of class 1-A: twisting limbs, snapping bones, slicing heads clean off. It made me ecstatic. Just imagine what it would be like! All that screaming, the blood, the pain!

"I want to hear them plead for mercy as I kill them off one by one! Ha ha ha ha! HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA!!" I practically tore my vocal chords as I laughed in a state of despair-fuelled euphoria.

"Izuku! Come down for dinner!" my mother called from downstairs. I stopped my cackling and replied with a "coming!"

I briefly considered making her my second victim - after all, she likely wouldn't be reported missing for weeks - but decided against it. She could be useful to me in the future.