Chapter 9

(2 weeks earlier)
Soichiro Fukuhara was just about to exit the LOV base when he suddenly remembered something.

"Oh, one more thing I should tell you before we depart," he turned his head back towards his patrons as he spoke, "the more pure of heart a person is, the quicker my quirk's effects leave them."

"And you didn't think that we should've known about that a little earlier?" Shigaraki growled. He took a deep breath and sighed. "How long do you think that brat has until he's back to normal?"

"Judging by what information you've given me, I'd say about a week. Two maximum," he answered with brutal honesty.

"Dammit. Hopefully that's enough time to at least break All Might's heart," Shigaraki spat, thinking out loud.

"Wait wait, All Might? This kid must really be something..." Soichiro gazed momentarily into space, but soon came back, "ah well, I won't bug my wonderful customers any more than I have to. See ya." He opened the door and left.

(Present day - Izuku's POV)
For what ever reason, Shigaraki was desperate to battle with those UA kids again. It's as if he's got a time limit or something.

Unfortunately, I was unable to spy for the League for obvious reasons. My spy career was fun, but short lived. Strangely enough, I was assured that he had another spy in UA all this time, just waiting to be called upon. However, he refused to tell me who it was. Apparently it was classified information, even for the likes of me.

We were told that class 1-A would be going together with their teachers to see an educational movie at the small local cinema in 3 days. Our plan was to ambush them in the middle of the movie when they would be caught off guard.

According to our research, the cinema only had a single viewing room and it wasn't big enough for more than 30 people. Lucky for us, there were going to be 22 people going, all UA students and staff (19 class 1-A students, Aizawa, All Might and Present Mic).

Our scheme started with us taking out the few staff working in the building, then going straight into the theatre room itself with no nomus and attempting to take out whoever we could. It sounded like a pretty half-baked plan and I wasn't convinced in the slightest that this would work, but I had to have faith in the people who saved me from that school and it's devil heroes.

~~~

We made our way to the cinema, walking in casual clothes and keeping our heads down. It wasn't the easiest place to spot, looking more like an underground club than a cinema. But who were we to criticise where we committed mass murder?

The entrance was marked by a bright red door at the end of an alleyway, easily pushed open as it didn't have a lock. It seemed awfully creepy place to put a cinema, although I suppose were probably the scariest things here.

As we entered, I could hear the muffled sound of prerecorded speech in the next room and we continued to walk stealthily down the rest of the hallway. We each had our own trademark weapons with us: Toga's knife, my arsenal, and whatever Dabi and Shigaraki had. Kurogiri was waiting back at the base, ready to teleport us back is worse came to worst.

We were right outside the viewing room's door now, ready to jump through and attack at any moment. I had this strange feeling in my gut, as if it was trying to tell me that something wasn't quite right, but I pushed it down. Maybe it was just nerves, I thought.

Good luck on this mission, kid.

Thanks, whoever you are. I'll speak to you again soon.

Yeah... soon...

We burst through the doors, weapons and quirks at the ready, but what we saw made my stomach drop. The so-called 'viewing room' was completely empty - not even a screen or seats - and in the middle was a large speaker playing what I can only assume was movie audio.

The large doors behind us slammed shut and locked. We had been tricked! The 'spy' must be a double-agent! Dammit!

Just as we processed the situation, a gas started leaking fast out of the vents. In mere seconds, we had all fallen on the floor unconscious.

~~~

I woke up feeling particularly drowsy. I tried to rub my eyes, but my arms were handcuffed behind my back. Wait what... what is happening?

Looking around me, I noticed that I was in a chair next to a metal table in the middle of a clean, white interrogation room. There was a security camera in the corner and directly opposite me was a one-way mirror. I didn't know who was on the other side.

Just as I was about to scream for help, the door opened and in entered an angry Aizawa and a distraught, dishevelled All Might. Oh, this will be fun.

"A-Aizawa! You've g-gotta help me! S-some crazy person knocked me out and tied me to a chair!" I stuttered out, putting on my most innocent expression.

I could tell by the hopeful shimmer in All Might's eye that he desperately wanted to believe me, but Aizawa spoke before he could act.

"Don't even try, Midoriya," he spoke sternly and took a seat at the other side of the table, "we know what you're trying to say." He closed his eyes and sighed deeply. "However, we are willing to help you."

I realised that is didn't have to act anymore and immediately dropped the facade.

"HahahaHAHAHAHA! Help me? You tricked me, gassed me and handcuffed me to my seat!" I was staring at him with wide, bloodshot eyes and grinning ear to ear. I could tell that my sudden change in behaviour struck them at the core. "That's not very hero-like of you, if I do say so myself."

"Young Midoriya, please," All Might begged, "you can come back to UA, just let us help you."

"Yes, as All Might said. We managed to convince the hero association not to press charges and let you return to UA, even with what you did... did to Koda." Aizawa looked mournful for a second and gulped.

"Oh, come on, sir," I stressed the word through gritted teeth and a crooked smile, "you don't have to beat around the bush. I stabbed Koda HAHA! It was much more effort than it was worth, honestly. His skin is surprisingly thick. Perhaps I should've gone for the throat as well. Does that guy even have a neck? He's so strange looking, I can barely tell. Or maybe-" Aizawa cut me off.

"Enough, Midoriya!" he yelled. I could tell by their facial expressions that both All Might and Aizawa felt sick to their stomachs, hearing one of their best students speak so casually about killing another. I chuckled at that.

"Y-you know what? I think this was a bad idea..." All Might stammered weakly. Aizawa nodded silently and stood up.

My eyes followed them as they left, my face beaming the entire time. Little did they know, I used our little conversation as a distraction for me breaking out of my handcuffs. I was free.

I waited for a few minutes before getting up and leaving the interrogation room. Just outside of it was a box of all my weapons, save for the handgun. God, these police officers are one dumb bunch.

I geared up and left the police station I was apparently dragged to. For whatever reason, there were no officers around to stop me from leaving. I guess they were more focused on guarding the other League members, if they were even here at all, blindly assuming that I would say 'yes' to Aizawa's offer of redemption like the pathetic kid they thought I was.

From what I could tell, it was late at night and I was feeling drowsy, so I walked and walked and walked until I reached the base. I was so tired, I never even got to the door, I just collapsed onto the street and succumbed to sweet sleep.