Home

Two months had passed since the attack on the Lookout. The air of the town was warm and welcome, a faint breeze accompanying it. Spring in Adventure Bay was always beautiful; flowers, plants, and scenery sprouting and coming back after the cold of winter. Brown paws lightly walked through the fresh grass, enjoying the warmth it held from the sun. The lab walked silently, listening to the birds singing all around him as he made for the cliff behind the Lookout. Two hazel eyes looked out to see a familiar gray pup sitting peacefully at the edge. Zuma quietly stepped up beside the mixed breed, trying not to disturb the peace, and followed his mate's eyes out to the open water. Morning sunlight shimmered and sparkled along the calm sea, which moved about in soothing rhythm. The only sound was the soothing churn of quiet water and the nature around the two of them; an atmosphere Zuma never got tired of.

"Enjoying the view, dude?"

"Y'know, the view actually just got even better," Rocky smiled turning to the lab.

"Ohhh is that supposed to be flirting, Wocky?"

The mix giggled. "Pfftt~ Me? Flirting? Nah. I'm the nerdy, overly logical pup in this family. I only speak factually. I was simply pointing out an undeniable scientific fact, that's all~" he smiled innocently.

"I'll take what I can get I suppose," Zuma chuckled with an eye roll before settling down and sitting close. Rocky felt tingles dance through his fur when they touched, a feeling he could never get enough of.

Zuma knew Rocky came out here whenever he wanted to let himself get lost in thought. As good as he had gotten at reading his mate's emotions, he was still constantly worried about him.

"You okay, Wocks? What's on that beautiful mind of yours? Is it your bwother? I know it's been hawd..."

The mix smiled warmly. "It's a lot actually. All good things for once though," he chuckled. "It's just...it's all finally feeling real to me, y'know?" Zuma cocked his head in confusion. "What's finally weal?"

"You. The Paw Patrol. Having a home. Everything I used to only dream I'd get one day... Now that I've had some time since Axel's death to actually settle down and enjoy normal life here, I'm in love with it."

Zuma smiled in relief. "We're so glad you'we actually here to stay now. Especially me. I know it was weally hard at first because of Axel but... for what it's worth he'd be so pwoud to see the life you've found for youwself, Wocky. He weally would be."

"I know he would. He deserved a better life than the one he got too, but I'm glad I got to see him again one last time. In a twisted way, it gave me closure? He's dead, and I'm never going to stop feeling that pain every day, but... I can live with it now. I can move on from wondering every day if he was still out there or if I'd ever see him again. I'm living on for him with the best friends and family I could ever ask for."

Rocky got a light jab in the side. "Awen't you fowgetting someone besides your fwiends and family?" the lab smiled cheekily.

"Weelll, there's also the love of my life that I'm finally with. He's pretty cool too," Rocky laughed before leaning over to lick Zuma's cheek.

"As much as I love getting kissed by you, Wocky, I actually came to let you know that Wyder wants to see you."

"Oh okay, then what are we waiting for?" Before Zuma could respond, the mix had hopped to his paws and torn off towards the Lookout.

"No fair, dude! You got a head stawt!"

Rocky came skidding to a halt in the front yard, seeing all the other pups waiting there with Ryder, who was holding something. "One day... I'm gonna win," Zuma panted as he finally arrived. The other pups and Rocky all exchanged greetings before turning their attention to the boy.