A Sight to Behold

My eyes squint open, being blinded by the sun which was streaming through the French doors as I stupidly didn't close the curtains last night when I got in from our meal out. After how heavy the conversation got during our meal and the vast amount of food I had consumed added to the pain I put myself through walking back from the restaurant with stilleto heels on I had forgotten to shut the curtains in my hast to sleep. I rubbed my eyes, trying to rub the sleep away, praying that this jet lag would not effect my first proper day on this beautiful island. Lulling in this new found state of relaxation as I watch the sea from my bed, I was brought back to reality when I hear a share knock on my door. "Come in" I yell, quickly covering myself with my bedsheet suddenly realising I hadn't even bothered to put pyjamas on last night, Luca slowly opens my bedroom door, I let out an internal grown really hoping this would be Adam who is quickly becoming like a brother to me in this house, Luca held out a mug as a peace offering... I was confused as to why he was here, it was way too early to try and use my brain to understand things. 

"I brought you coffee... as a sort of apology for my words last night" He started, "I had no right presuming your reasoning to be on this trip and I am sorry for this, we are all here for different reasons and I hope I don't make you feel uncomfortable again." He is staring at me intently, his emerald eyes piercing through my soul, with those eyes I wouldn't be surprised if he could burn a hole through this bed sheet. 

"Umm, morning. Thank you... I certainly didn't expect this this morning." I patted to the spot next to me on my bed. What am I doing, I'm naked with just a practically see-through bedsheet covering me and I'm asking a boy who has just apologised to me after bringing me a coffee onto my bed. He knows the gateway into a women's heart, Coffee!  "What is the time?" I ask Luca as he lowers himself onto my bed, "Its nearly 10.30am" He replies, 

"WHAT!" Oh My God. I never stay in bed this late, I need to get up n..." I went to leap up out of bed for dramatic effect only to be pulled off balance as the bed sheet covering my naked body disappeared  from around me, of course Luca was sat on my bed holding the sheet down with his weight because I ASKED HIM to sit next to me, its my own fault really. My cheeks went bright red, as I lay heaped on the floor naked with only a lace thong to hide what is left of my dignity, I tried to cover myself as best as I could with my hands, Luca begins to giggle, hand over mouth trying not to look but hopelessly failing; this makes me laugh and within seconds we are both laughing at my naked self on the floor in a heap, this just sums up the amount of clumsiness I hold, he bends down so his face is inches from mine, grabs my waist, with a firm grip with his bare hands on my bare skin he lifts me up and pulls me back on the bed, not even attempting to look at my chest, instead as soon as I am secure on the bed, he puts me down and pulls his white t-shirt up over his own chest and once off gathers the arm holes and signals for me to put my arms in and ever so gently like I am a china doll pulls the t-shirt on me, which I must say drowns me it is so big. I then realise that Luca is now the one semi naked in my bed and I am still semi naked in bed. If I needed anything to make me fully wake up this morning it wasn't coffee but in fact this most embarrassing incident that had just occurred between Luca and I, one I hope can be kept exactly that, between us.

"I better taste test this coffee you have made me. See if it is up to my standard" I try to joke with him, brushing off what had just happened. I took a impactful sip. I gave my verdict, "Wow this is the best coffee I have tasted In Fiji" Trying to make myself look funny and clever because I haven't actually had a cup of coffee since landing on the island.

He laughed; thank the lord he gets my humour otherwise that would be awkward, a patronising compliment. "Im glad you think so, I actually make the best coffees in the area so let me know if you would like your coffee fix like this every morning, Although next time I promise not to play a part in you lying in a heap, naked on the floor" To this, Luca laughed at what he thought was a hilarious flirty joke, obviously proud of himself, I joined in the laughter. It was so nice to see him relaxed and normal like this rather than shut down with words like venom like last night.