hour 13

Valentina

I woke up for the second time, after having some food in between two naps. I had hardly spoken to the boys as we were all sleeping and waking up at different times and doing our own thing, enough time to gather my thoughts without them trying to talk to me. They seemed sweet, kind and funny guys but were rather excited to have a fresh new face to get to know now staying with their group in this house. 

This time when I woke up I felt overly hot and stuffy, like you do after a nap, I couldn't make out what was making half my body so hot! Opening my eyes I noticed that I had a soft cream blanket covered over me, but I wasn't the only one using it, I was sharing the blanket with Luca. Bless him, he'd put it over me whilst I was asleep. What a gentleman! That wasn't the only thing, I was resting my head on his shoulder, no wonder this side of me was so hot, we were both radiating body heat, I could feel a tingle of butterflies crawl up my tummy and a smile tugged at my lips. He was sweet, his innocent deed of covering me with a blanket was huge for me, no guy has ever taken care of me like that before, only taken advantage of me never cared for me. I watched him for a bit, taking in his handsome features, his defined jawline with a bit of stuble starting to grown through, with long eye lashes for man and lips that looked so soft and buttery, any girl would dream of lips like that; his hair floppy now the gel has started to wear out after this immensely long flight, dark brown waves frame his face and make him look a lot softer than he did when I first got on the plan, this hair style definitely softens the dark mysterious side to him...

I felt him stir and quickly looked away, I didn't want him to see I was staring but I think he glanced away too slow, he knew it and was smiling g at me all too knowingly. I suddenly felt all hot and flustered so lifted the blanket off of me and stretched my body out, god I can't wait to get off this plane and walk. Grabbing my bottle of water I took a big swig to try and quench my dry mouth and terminate the stale smell of sleepy breath, now feeling all groggy.

Trying to divert attention away from me as I look like I have just been dragged through a hedge backwards I ask Luca "So where abouts in America do you live",

"Georgia. I have done all my life but now once I get back I'm moving into a shared student house for college down near Florida" he replies with a hint of excitement in his voice, "and you?"

"Oh a frat house, I've heard of how fun those can be! I live in Cornwall, near Truro. Like you I've lived there my entire life and thought it about time to go out and explore the world before I decide what to do for the next chapter of life. I'd love to visit America one day so that'll be my last stop on this journey. I love the idea of the American college which in England is the equivilant of a university. I expect my family have already chosen the university for me and sent off application forms." I replied suddenly rambling! 

"I suppose they just want the best for you. I wonder, is that one of the reasons you've come on this trip? To get more freedom..." he asks,

"It is! How did you guess?" Giving him a wink.  We carry on talking about what the future holds for us and our overly caring parents, two hours pass and finally the captain's voice breaks through the speakers, thanking the passengers for our good behaviour and wishing them all the best for the rest of their trip as he declared that we were landing in 15 minutes.

Buckling up tight and grabbing everything to help the landing go as painfree as possible for my ears I started sucking my sweets whilst blocking out the pain, trying to keep my anxiety away as I apprehend the pain that is about to come.

Suddenly as the plane began its decent, the pressure in the cabin started its ascent, I slammed my hands over my ears and whelped in pain, a tear escaped and ran down my cheek. As I thought nothing was working to help ease the pain and I knew that I was going to have to be brave and breath through the pain and wish that the time goes as quickly as possible. I gently let one of my hands drop to my side, trying to stop my excessively shaking knee as the pain increased, every anxious thought and warning of ear perforations crossed my mind whilst my other hand still clutching the painful ear. Luca grabbed my hand as if he knew what I was going through and gave it a gentle squeeze. I squeezed back and gave him a little smile, it was comforting. I had never flown on my own before and I didn't realise how much I needed the support until now, when I was at my most vulnerable.
"Just breath slowly and deeply. I am here for you, don't worry. no one else matters, don't worry about what they are thinking of you right now" he said soothingly.
Again I rested my head on his shoulder as he rubbed my back with his free hand. What have i done to deserve a hot guy like this be such a gentleman to me? I asked myself. I don't deserve this care, I am not good enough to be treated so kindly.