03

" MILESTONES"

PART I 

        " ......"

Standing at the doorway with a blank face, disbelief coursed throughout his body at the shameless flaunting of wealth in his house. Originally, his home had minimal furniture, with a couch and a simple coffee in the living room and a flatscreen on the wall. In the kitchen, he had the necessary appliances a simple sink and a refrigerator. There was also a small table and four chairs. There was 5 rooms in total upstairs. It used to belong to his parents before they passed on. and they were quite wealthy. One was his bedroom and and the one by the end of the hall was his study. The other 2 were empty. And 3 bathrooms, one downstairs and 2 upstairs.

It was simple and perfect for living alone. Of course, bringing a baby in the household would guarantee some changes here and there. But since he was busy recovering from the exhaustion and was held back in the hospital for a whole week, he had no time to baby proof the house. Mirai thought that he was gonna have to stop by the mall to pick up some baby supplies but it looks like that man has taken the liberty of breaking into his house and redecorating it top to bottom.

His lips pursed and he carefully made his way in, Kaguya snuggly tucked into his chest. The floor was scrubbed spotless until his face reflected on the surface. The carpet felt soft and luxurious under his feet. It was expensive he could tell. Right by the wall on his left, a black stroller rests upright on it. Tightening his grip on the baby, he examined the new household.

The kitchen was mostly the same except for a few additions. There was a new baby chair by his chair with a nice plush cushion. Furthermore, if you look closely, there were 3 baby plate set and a cute white cup too. And ....cute baby chopsticks too....

Mirai then climbed the wooden staircase, footsteps silent as to not wake his child. His bedroom was the first room on the right and directly across that was his study. There was another empty room just by his bedroom. He twisted the knob open and peeked inside. It seems like it was repurposed as Kaguya's new room. The walls were painted a simple sky blue with clouds decorating the top. Built in shelves of toys and another one full of story books and art supplies in case she grows up to love art. In between them, was a reading nook with plush cushions and a lots of cute stuff animals. The huge window with pink curtains drwnback revealed the backyard. Internally, Mirai couldn't wait to see his daughter cuddling with the animals. The sight will no doubt be adorable.

Just to the corner, was a simple bathroom too so it wouldn't be hard for him to bathe her.

The crib was placed directly across the nook. It was wooden and painted white. Detachable toys that dangle from above was also available but it won't be necessary for now. A small table for the necessities and a huge soft green basket for the baby clothes. Completed with a bottle of baby formula and the bottle, it was neatly arranged and made it easier to find it. Right by the crib's side is a comfy chair for him. Honestly, he didn't have to go that far for someone who was not his own child. But Mirai was satisfied nonetheless and was grateful.

With the examination complete, he shut the door and went to look at the other two rooms in the left hallway. The first one was empty. He planned on giving it to Kaguya in the future and have her do whatever she wants with it. Only time will tell. The other was a guest bedroom that was rarely used. It was in the same state as he left it.

Mirai walked away with a smile, looking at Kaguya lovingly. He kissed her on the forehead and went back to his room, grabbed his clothes and then stalked to Kaguya's room. He placed her in the crib securely, tucked her in and kissed her red cheeks.