Prologue

Throughout his whole career as a hero, Mirai Sasaki had seen many things. He had seen where lives took people. Sometimes, their future was stained bloody red and other times it was happy and fulfilling. He became hero for this reason- to help as much people as he could avoid death by natural disasters or attacks ( and for the purpose of following All Might ). 

             His quirk required touch and when he first got it, his control was non-existent. Therefore, all it took was an accidental brush of their hands and a glance and it would activate. Once as child, he had accidentally seen his classmate's future- a traumatic experience- for it was stained red. Looming over the corpse of his now deceased classmate, was a blurry figure. He knew it was  a man from the broad shoulders and outline of  bulking muscles. 

             When he had informed his teacher, the teacher was skeptical until he had been informed by Mirai's parents. His friend had been informed and advised to stay home. He could still remember the conversation clearly. 

)----*----(

" So....let me get this straight. I'm gonna die?" questioned the orange haired boy in front of him. His messy hair shadowed his eyes as his tiny fists gripped the edge of his shorts. 

The adults had left the room to give the children space to talk. And now, they were sitting in a table across from each other. Mirai shivered, not from the cold the air conditioner provided, but from the cold tone his friend had directed towards him.

"Y-Yes," he stuttered out. His best friend was usually playful and sweet, a happy-lucky-go person that emitted a positive energy that draws people close towards him. But this was different from his usual persona.

" And s-some old man is t-the -the -the  one who was going to-to-to  e-end me?"choked Hinata, who was trying to keep his tears in, but ultimately failed in the end. 

Mirai let his own tears flow and stuttered out a "Yes".

 Silence settled between them accompanied by the sound of sobs from both children. Hinata and Mirai had been friends for a long time. And neither of them wanted to accept this reality of them parting, but they were still children- all they can do was leave it to the adults and heroes.

"L-Let me stay your house," said Hinata. Wiping his tears away with his forearm, he tried to put on a brave front. His fist was clenched in front of his chest. Eyes filled with uncertainty, fear, and hope stared into his own yellow orbs. Then his tiny hands grabbed Mirai's and gripped it hard. 

"P-Please! You were the one who saw my future right? Then you can protect me!" 

Before Mirai could deny it, arguing that he was still too young and weak, Hinata fired off with more desperate claims. " Please! Let me stay with you! You want to be a hero, right? RIGHT?"

He released the other boy's hands and grabbed his shoulders," You want to be a hero right? Then, let me stay with you and...save me...please". 

Tense silence settled between the two. Hinata's grip on his houlders loosened and dropped limply to his sides. "Let's leave it to the heroes. We're just children." 

" I...want to stay with you."

" Don't worry, they'll handle it."

 The orange haired boy frowned and uttered one last plea. "Let me stay with you". "I know".

----------

       Hinata Shoyo died the next month when the precautions they took backfired. He was denied staying at the Sasaki's household, for safety purposes as the heroes stated, and was murdered in his own household by his drunk father. Mirai was distraught at the news and had locked himself up in his room for days on end and it was then when it happened.