04

A/N: More cute and adorable wholesome family moments bc I want her to have a lovely childhood before I shatter her sanity. :}

" MILESTONES "

PART II

 Hovering over the toddler with arms stretched out around her, readying to catch the baby if needed, Mirai's watchful gaze settled on Kaguya who was unsteadily crawling. Her arms were still quite weak, though not as weak as before, it was still not strong enough. She's still struggling to support her body. That being said, her legs sure seem to be strong. One time, during one of her rare tantrums, her tiny legs had kicked him in the face and his vision blacked out for nearly a whole minute. As a sister of two demons, I guarantee you it happens.

 " Abuhbuhhhhh ahhhppttthhhh" blabbered the toddler mindlessly as she slowly and wobbly crawled towards the couch where her teddy bear laid. She sputtered and her tiny hands slapped on the floor, her knees rubbing, no doubt-uncomfortably, against it. 

  His amber eyes followed her. His back was starting to hurt from bending down for so long. Is this what it feels like to be old?

Bap! Bap! Bap!

The 7 month old toddler was only a few more meters from the couch and her determined gaze have yet to falter. A huge grin broke out on both their faces as she reached the couch. He was about to congratulate her by lifting her and place her on the couch, where she could grab the toy for herself.

 Imagine his surprise when an annoyed huff escaped the her lips, hands clutching the bottom of the couch, and legs shuffling to stand. Mirai panicked. What on earth? Babies aren't suppose to stand until they are about one years old. She was only seven months. He'd have to give Recovery Girl or Himawari or perhaps Nanami a call to make sure nothing's wrong.

 Perhaps his internal panicking monologue lasted too long for he only zoned back when he heard an 'oof'. Kaguya had been unsuccessful in her attempt to stand. Her bum hurts. Whining in displeasure, her round eyebrows furrowed and a pout made its way onto her face.

  " Now now now," said Mirai tenderly," you're still too young to stand so why not try kneeling?"

Kaguya looked at him own confusion. He smiled at her, fixing her into her crawling position again and then kneeled beside her, his arms using the couch for support ( which he did not need in the slightest ). Staring at him with eyes full of curiosity, Kaguya tilted her head, examining his position. With a furrow of her eyebrows, she attempted to copy him. The adorable concentrated expression on her face that made Mirai's day.

Her chubby arms grabbed the couch again and her knees once again shuffled forward to the edge of the couch. Her balance was still unsteady so he hooked behind her back, ready to catch her if she fell. And slowly but surely, in her position, her grubby hand reached for the teddy bear, squealing.

 It was too soon to celebrate as she lost control of her balance, her knees giving out and she tipped backwards. But don't worry, daddy's here to catch you, princess!

====

  8 months and she's crawling around, exploring the household on all fours. Sure it was a good thing that he didn't have to carry her all the time, but she would still stuff everything she sees into her mouth. The corner of her blankets, the plushies' ears, his clothes, pillows, the carpet, his clothes, the table, and his clothes. She seems to really love food, he mentally joked.

Let's be real, he was tired but at least she learned how to sit now. He was very proud of her for that, like all her accomplishments. Everything was documented on his phone and he may or may not have printed it out and delicately placed it in an album, completed with a piece of paper where he wrote what happened, the date, the estimated time and his feelings. Honestly, is this he going overboard? Nope, not in his dictionary at least, this was completely normal to him.