Who is he?

•ALASIA

I get up out of the hospital bed and rush to my aunts purse to pick up her phone.

The caller ID read "My love"

I ain't know auntie had a man I thought to myself, I picked up to inform the person that she was busy but...

I heard a very deep and smooth voice that made me freeze in my spot, "Momma are you there?" He asked through the phone.

"Uh... she's- she's not here at the moment" I said in a low calm voice trying not to sound shaky.

"Who the fuck is you?"

Wait did I jus hear him call my auntie momma? This couldn't be right, I haven't talked to my aunt in 6 years and for the 10 years I knew her she never said that she had a son.

"Um this is her niece I'm Alasia"

"I never asked for your name shawty I just asked who you was and where my momma at? He asked rudely .

I was shook I thought about hanging up the phone on his rude ass but ima be nice. Today.

"Oh she went to the cafe she should be heading back now" I said as calm as I could.

"Oh aight tell her to call me when she get back, and who you is again?"

"Im her niece"

Right after I said that he hung up. No response at all, why is people so mean.

4 minutes passed and my aunt came back with a sandwich and some chips for me, I sat down and looked down at the food.

"You know what auntie I ain't even hungry no more" She looked at me like I was crazy.

"Girl you better eat this damn food I went all the way downstairs for" And I did I ate every last bit of it until it was gone.

I feel so fat right now I thought to myself, why can't I be like the skinny girls. Yea I got curvy hips and all but everywhere I go people stare at me like I don't belong.

I try starving myself sometimes I just think if maybe I don't eat that's less weight gained and I can probably loose some weight while I'm at it.

And then maybe I can get a boyfriend too, growing up I was always big all the boys that were around me called me all types of names. They hated me. But I hated me too.

Once I finished my sandwich the doctor came in and checked up on me

He said I needed to rest and stay in bed because my blood pressure had went up.

"Well cmon Alasia I got work in a few hours" My aunt said

"Auntie where will I go?"

"Your gonna be staying with me hun"

I felt relieved that I had somewhere to go but also a little upset at the fact that I couldn't even know what was going on with my mom.

Oh shit I almost forgot!

"Auntie there was somebody called you and he said you was his mother" I said looking at her with curiosity

"Oh yeah that's my stepson Alasia, I'll tell you all about it when we get in the car let's get up outta here"

We quickly went and checked out of the hospital, I was looking forward to the conversation.