Learning To Cook// Frypan

I had nothing to do today. I had finished gardening since they were short handed, I finished helping Gally build something for the Glade, I helped sort medical supplies for the medjacks, The runners, I packed them water and stuff for their run.. I don't help the slicers because I hate that job.

The one thing I hadn't done was cooking. Of course Frypan would have to teach me because last time I tried I blew up the kitchen and I rebuilt it myself.

Flashback

I hadn't chosen my job yet. Alby told me I needed to try out all the jobs and whatever I was best at I would work with.

First was Slicers... that was a bad idea because not even 10 seconds into it I had already puked up what I had eaten earlier that day.

Now I was working with the builders. They needed help building the last wall on a hut they were making for everyone to stay in when or if something happened to theirs. "Gally, I know you have been doing this for years... but I think you should do it differently." I suggest. Gally just stared at me. "Greenie, I know you have to help but things with the builders, go my way. Not by the workers ways." He replies.

I just laughed a bit. "I am doing it my way. And if you don't like it, then you can redo it." I say. I walked over to the rest of the workers and told them to back off.

I placed some long pieces of wood on the opening of the hut they were building. I tied them together at the ends securing them so nothing breaks them unless it was a strong force.

Once I lifted the wall up I tied the left side to the wall it connected with, and did the same with the right wall. "Okay, I need a lift." I say turning to the boys.

One of the boys came over and cupped his hands. I placed my foot in his hands and as I jumped he threw his hands with me tossing me up to the roof.

I grabbed the rope I had on my side and secured the wall on both sides. "Someone hand me something to chop with." I say, I was to in the zone to say the name of the tool I needed and ignored anyone who said the name.

Gally came over and handed it to me. I laid on my stomach and reached down and grabbed it. I started chopping the long parts off to fit with the wall.

I jumped off the roof and rolled once I hit the ground. I turned around and finished what I was doing and then handed the knife I had, to Gally and looked at the wall. "So, you like it?" I asked, I looked at Gally who was nodding.

I smiled and walked off to the med hut. "Hey guys. I am here to help!" I say with a smile. Clint and Jeff smiled. "Great, we could use it. We need you to sort the supplies for us and then organize them." Clint says as he finished stitching Thomas who had cut himself.

I nodded and started grabbing the new supplies we had just gotten.

Once I had finished Clint and Jeff were shocked at how fast I did the task they told me to do. "And I am off." I say, and I walked out and to the runners. "Hey guys." I say. Minho and Ben smiled "Hey kid." Ben greets. I smiled and hugged him.

"I brought you some stuff for your run." I say, I held up two waters that were cold, some bandages, a few knives. Their eyes were wide. "Okay, both of you turn around so I can put the waters in your backpacks." I say, they turned around and I opened the backpacks and placed the waters in them. I closed them and tied them off.

"Okay, now knives." I say. I walked in front of them and walked to Ben. I placed 5 knives in the little slits that were in the leather. I did the same with Minho. "The bandages are for now. Because I heard Ben did something wrong." I say looking at him.