TWENTY TWO

The New Ordeal

   "I can't do it" Gracie gasped out from the bathroom stall

"I can't do it" Gracie gasped out from the bathroom stall. It's been exactly two days since Gracie had agreed to go on a date with Regulus, and about a week since her breakup with Sonnian. 'It's just been a week, how could I be so stupid' those were the thoughts that ran three Gracies head.

She could not do this, not for Sonnian. She didn't want to hurt him again. It's way to early for her to be moving one, she could not do this to him. Gracie then went back onto the Gryffindor Common room, the day was almost over but it felt as if it were an eternity for Grace.

Nasty thoughts about her being the worst person ever kept creeping into her head. She had barely even payed her attention to anything of what was going on in any of her classes. Now, she was just stressing about her thoughts in the quite common room.

"Ok what's troubling you missy?" Sirius leaped onto the couch staring at Grace as she paces around the room.

"Your brother." Gracie let out a worried breath.

"What he do this time?"

"He kissed me!" Gracie groaned.

Sirius chokes on air, "well is that a good thing or a bad thing? I thought you two had a thing for one another." Siri's replied after awhile of time of him composing himself.

"For each other? What no stop it, I was just in a perfectly fine relationship and I truly had to mess it all up ugh poor Sonnian!" Gracie groaned once again.

"Oh yes I've heard from your sister that you 'cheated' on him? Nah, couldn't believe it." Sirius shook his head then looked at Gracie only to see that it was true.

"Oh merlins heard you cheated on him." Sirius then gasped again clapping a hand onto his mouth. "WITH MY BROTHER?!" he yelled.

"Oh hush I know I know I am the worst person ever!" Gracie pushes Sirius back onto the couch then sits along with him.

"What? No! That does not make you the worst person ever ugh but I seriously don't know what you see in him bu- okay okay sorry. Let me start over." Sirius rambled but stopped with Gracies angry gaze upon him.

"There's nothing much that I could say except to do what you truly think is best for you. If you want to be with my brother, then so be it! But you must know, it's not going to be easy. No offensive to you Grace, I think you're an amazing woman but you're getting yourself with a member in the Black family and must say the favorite one of my parents. You guys dating will ruin Regulus inside and out, and I'm not sure that neither him nor you are ready for it." Spoke Sirius.

This hit Gracie. Then she remembered how much drama there was from her and Regulus being friends, and now onto dating? It was like a death wish was casted upon themselves. From that point end, Gracie decided that she could not go on this date with him, and that hurt her more than it should. But it only hurts more because Gracie realized that she had actually fancied the boy Regulus Black.

_______MID DAY_______

Gracie had finally had a plan to solve her problem, she just now has to find her courage to complete her plan. Meaning, that she had to speak with Regulus. And here he was, a few feet away from her. They were in potions together, actually having to become partners for today's potion. Gracie thought that sitting with him would've made it easier for her to just tell him the truth. But she had only found herself in an awkward situation with Regulus. Or it was awkward for her at least.

Regulus was minding his business, but he could not help but notice Gracie's nervous gaze on him. He could tell that something was bothering her, and how she had something to say, but that had only bothered him from not knowing what was going through the blondes head. Little did he know.

"Regulus." Gracie blurted out of no where, practically startling the boy.

She cringed.

"Is everything alright?" Regulus questioned.

"No, I have something to confess." She spoke nervously.

"And that is?"

"I can't go out with you." Gracie said quickly again startling the boy with her words.

"What?" Regulus whispered. This had only made Gracie feel worse.

"Rhett, I mean ugh you know what I mean. Regulus this is bad, such a bad idea I mean! This could ruin you, this would actually be worse than Sirius being sorted into Gryffindor. I cannot let you go through the hell that he went through." Gracie concluded.

Regulus was speechless. Not knowing what to say, except he realized that she was right. Even if it were a little date and then not concluding anything happening further between the two, this will destroy Regulus completely. Having nowhere else to go. But did that all matter? Well he did like the girl. 'Maybe that's it. It is just a liking' Regulus spoke in his head.

With Gracie only seeing an emotionless expression on the boys face only worried her. Worried about how he would react. Worrying is she had ruined their sweet friendship. But soon enough, Regulus pulled out a weak smile, in which Gracie did so too. Regulus nodded for awhile.

"I suppose you're right McKinnon." Gracie cringed when he brought back the last names status.

"Are we even allowed to still be friends?" Gracie asked with three concern.

"Secretive. If that's what you're into." Regulus smirked, and so did Grace.

"I'm all in Rhett."

"But before we go back I must confess, I still remain my small feelings towards you O'Hara. Let us hope that they do not grow." Gracie laughed. "Well let's hope so, that my feeling do not grow because it's obvious that yours will!"

"Is this a challenge I hear?" Regulus smiled, and Gracie smiled "it is a challenge Mr.Black, and it's a challenge that I call!"

"Then we'll see who's right in the end." Regulus declared.

"Oh, and when will that be?" Gracie questioned.

Regulus looked over to Gracie taking a moment of him taking in all of her features; Gracie of course doing the same.
They stared at each other. Regulus eyes roamed down towards the girls lips, and Gracie had only yearned for him to close the gap between them.

"Till one of us fall for one another." Regulus whispered, and Gracie blushed.
<3<3<3