FIFTEEN

IN THE PALE MOONLIGHT

Gracie gulped nervously as she just stared at the door in front of her

Gracie gulped nervously as she just stared at the door in front of her. She was worried about what would go down if she went along with this idiotic plan of Sirius, but then she remembered that she would be able to see Regulus. And damn merlins beard for how much she missed the boy.

"Everything's going to be alright." Said Sirius nervously.

Gracie rolled her eyes

"Seriously? You don't even sound like you're ready!" Gracie exclaimed.

"Well of course I'm not ready! But dear Merlin how much I want to see my mothers face as she realizes that I'm with you." Sirius smirked at the thought, as Gracie rolled her eyes once more.

"Are you kidding me, why couldn't you just take Marlene? She's way prettier, and I bet she would gladly take up the offer." Gracie raised her eyebrows at Sirius as she said the last part.

"Hey don't bring yourself down, and I wanted to bring someone who my mom hates and let me tell you she LOATHS you!" Sirius exclaimed happily.

"How is that a good thing?" Gracie yelled.
"I'm basically getting ready for my own funeral, thank Merlin that I'm wearing this dress then." Gracie smiled as she looked down at her dress once more to admire it.
"Yeah, my brother won't let anything happen to you." Sirius said. "What do you mean?" Gracie felt butterflies in her stomach began to rise, but she didn't let it happen. She kept thinking that "he doesn't think of you that way Grace." over and over in her head.
Sirius let out a loud chuckle.

"My brother is basically smitten by you and he could never stop talking about you whe-"
Sirius began, but his sentence was cut short when the doors that they were longing for to open finally did.

Luckily, no one had realized that they were standing there. They both cleared their throats and made their way towards Sirius parents. Gracie gulped again. "Hello mother" Sirius interrupted his mother's conversation with another lady, and smiled happily over to Gracie to acknowledged her presence. Walburga's face scrunched up in discussed.

"Sirius what do you think you're doing?" Walburga threaten quietly.

"Oh nothing. Just bringing my date over to the family ball." Sirius smiled widely. As Gracie was basically losing her shit, but held up a strong poker face. Walburga sneered in disgust.

"You're gonna pay for this Sirius!" She pointed a sharp finger at her oldest son. Sirius only smiled but Gracie could see, she could see that deep down in those brown eyes, he was hurt. Sirius pulled Gracie away for a drink. "Sirius are you alright?" Gracie asked, truly concerned. "Yeah, I'm alright. It's not the first time mother has ever said something like that to me." Sirius said then chugged down his drink. Gracies eyes soften, and she was about to say something before she was interrupted by someone else.