TWENTY NINE

JUST KIDS

"Are you sure you're not going to forget? I feel like you're going to forget." Gracie sighed.

"I promise Grace I won't forget. I'll write you everyday don't worry!" Andrew reassured her.

The whole Mckinnon family were just in front the Hogwarts express. Preparing themselves with a couple of goodbyes and good lucks as the train huffed.

Gracie sighed again "I just want to know everything now. Merlin why did you have to the wedding during school, I'll be missing out on a lot."

"You won't be missing out on anything darling! And please don't start. You know how dangerous it is to throw a wedding with a war going on, especially if we're the ones they're after. We're mudbl-" Their mother began but was quickly cut off by the eldest daughter.

"Please mum don't. It's as worse as it is hearing somebody saying that slur at our school. But I'll miss you all very much, and Andrew don't you dare forget to write me either." Marlene spoke sternly.

"How could I? I bet you girls would be storming up my place with a whole bunch of letters." Andrew laughed.

"Not exactly thinking it, but definitely planning that now." Gracie pointed out as Andrew glared at her.

Marlene chuckled "C'mon we're gonna be late."

"Not at all. You just want to meet up with Mary again." Gracie said.

"And Lily, Dorcas, and Alice of course... Oh and how could I forget my precious Remus." Marlene listed on.
Gracie rolled her eyes then said "Let's go."

   They said their goodbyes to their family and then entered the train. As Marlene looked for the compartment were her friends may be. "Oh here you guys are. I've been looking for you guys everywhere!" Marlene spoke as she put her bags on the top shelf right above the seats, and made her self next to her girlfriend as she greeted all of them.

"Want to stay here for awhile Grace?" Lily asked after she greeted her.

"Oh no thanks, I think I'm gonna go look for Emaline and Tatum." She smiled.

"Alright take care. Hey don't be afraid to yell out if any slyherins come around to make some trouble. Me and James will just come out and beat them." Sirius smirked as he laid his head comfortably onto Remus's lap. Meanwhile, Remus had a book in one hand and the other was tangled up into Sirius's hair. Gracie made eye contact and pointed out the fact; Remus blushed a bright red.

"Thanks I'll make sure of it." Gracie spoke out and exited the small room.

As she made her way around the train she'd been bumping into all sorts of people from all different houses. "Oops sorry." "Oh gosh I didn't mean too" and many more. As she continued on walking, she bumped into one other person. "Merlins beard I'm so-" Gracie looked up to see those green soft colored eyes. "Oh Rhe- uhh I mean Regulus." Gracie quickly caught herself, attempted not to seem like a fool, but had simply failed.

"sorry." Regulus spoke so quietly that Gracie hadn't known what he said before he started walking away.

Gracie's lips slighted parted and as she turned back she'd seen nothing but an empty hallway. 'Merlin why hadn't it been like this a couple minutes ago.' she complained to herself.

Once she'd finally found her friends, she opened the compartment door only to see Emaline fake reading and Tatum struggling to find the words to say to the brunetted girl right in front of him.

"Hey guys." Gracie greeted finally getting their attention.

"Gracie, where you been?" Emaline said as she rose to hug her friend.