THIRTY

DISTRESSED DAYS

    The next few days Gracie had tried her very best convincing her best friend not to join Dumbledores army, and all of what Emaline has done is ignore every word that had came out of Gracie's mouth. Even if it wasn't about the whole ordeal. She had simply ignored her best friend. All of what Gracie is left to do, besides her schoolwork, is to hang out with Tatum. She's reached out towards her older sister and her decision, but even with her explanation she couldn't help but do the same thing as Emaline, and had given her sister the silent treatment.

Gracie sits on the loveseat chair with a book in hand, studying for a quiz she's got in potions. Seconds later, someone comes by and sits right next to her.

"Took me awhile to find you here. Damn you for leaving me back there with Brown and her army of long nailed monsters." Tatum complained as he crossed his arms with a playful pout.

Gracie chuckled "They think you're attractive what can I do? Tatum Rudd had gone through puberty so late in life." She laughed again.

"Oh ha ha ha." He mocked her laugh. "Anything new with Emaline?" He asked with a more serious tone. Gracie's smile faded, she then shook her head as the painful memory of Emaline ignoring her these past few days.

Tatum's smile had also faded. "Hmm have you talked to your sister yet?" Gracie stayed silent. "I'll take that as a no." Tatum nodded grabbing a random book nearby and pretending to read. "Watch out lover boy is coming around."

Gracie looked up to see Sonny, her ex boyfriend, walking towards her with a strut. This year he had surely changed to someone not as pleasant as before. In other words, Sonnian Wood had turned into a total arse this year.

"Hey Sonny." Gracie said trying to sound upbeat.

"Hey beautiful, thought of you when I picked up this envelope out on the table during breakfast. Thought I should give it to you since it made me think of you." Sonny finished off.

"You said that already." Tatum laughed as he put his book down and watched the whole thing as if it were an interesting play.

Gracie tried her best to hold in her laughters. "Thanks Sonnian. Wait. This is my mail!" Gracie's voice grew louder as she went through all the letters that was sent to her by her family.

Tatum bursts out laughing "no wonder it made you think of her. It's got her name on it!"

"Sonny, next time, let's not go through my mail, okay?" Gracie tried to keep a positive voice towards him. "Yeah buddy and that goes for any other girl. Not just Gracie." Tatum had given Sonny a pat on the back and helped Grace gather her stuff as they leave him behind in the library.

"Gosh that was terrible." Tatum laughed to himself as he shook his head.

"Oh Merlin look how beautiful this invitation is!" Gracie exclaimed so loudly, never taking her eyes off the piece of paper.

"Is it your brothers wedding? When is it?" Tatum questioned.

"It's the day before Halloween, oh I get to get a early week off of school!" Gracie seemed as happy as she could ever be in this moment.

"Lucky you." He smiled over to Grace.

"Hey what'd you say if you'd be my friend date for the wedding. I'll be inviting Emaline as well, but just in case pleaseee come over!" Gracie begged.

"Anything to keep me out of school." Tatum agreed.

"Sweet!" Here I'll give you this so you don't forget, I'm gonna go tell Em okay!!" Gracie then ran off once she handed the paper over to the dark haired boy.