Chapter 12

Eren handed you some crutches to use, giving you a small smile. Erwin, Levi, Connie and Eren all stood in your room with frowns on their faces.
"Why are you all so sad? Did something happen?" They all looked at eachother. Nobody told you what happened with Sasha.
"Well..please don't freak out when you hear." Eren pleaded with you. You glanced over to him with a eyebrow raised. "I'm listening.." you mumbled. Eren gave a quick glare to Erwin, with him nodding in reply. Erwin eyes met your gaze and sighed.
"Im going to get straight to the point. We lost a cadet last night." Erwin said in a stern tone, slightly shivering from the cold aura.
"Oh no..who was it?" You asked frowning. Erwin opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He couldn't bring himself to tell you that one of your best friends aren't with you anymore.
"Sasha..." Connie interrupted. "She's in a hospital room right now, about to be wrapped up..." Your face went pale. A sick feeling rose from your stomach and into your mouth, gulping the feeling back down. You slammed your crutches on the floor and speed walked out of the room, limping slightly. You heard the voices calling you back but you blocked them out. You looked into every window in the rooms, hoping to see Sasha up and smiling. You eventually got to a room. 'Sasha braus' the sign read. You swung upon the door, only to see the nurse from last night, wrapping up Sashas body in a body bag.
"Hello y/n, it's nice to see you again.." she mumbled sadly, letting go of Sasha. You walked up to sasha's cold body. Everything felt like it was moving in slow motion. You sat on the bed, next to her motionless corpse and lifted the body bag to see her face. Your hand flicked a stand of hair around her face, cupping her cheek moments after. Eren burst through the door, knowing you was here, Seeing you cry over sashas body. A sigh left his mouth as he walked over to you. His large and tapped your shoulder causing you to turn around and jump into his arms, sobbing sashas name. His fingers caressed your hair, Calming you down.
"How long.."
"Since last night."
"And you didn't tell me?" You looked up into his emerald eyes, shining back down at you.
"I didn't want to put any more pressure. We planned a memorial for later, all the cadets are gonna be there since Sasha was a big part of the team." Eren looks over at a clock. "They should be coming to pick Sasha up in around 10 minutes so we should get ready." Eren flashed you a light smile that he does whenever you're upset, making the side of your mouth twitch into a smaller smile. He wraps his arm over your shoulder, you gripping onto the hand dangling next to your face and walk out of the recovery tent together.

————————————

You stand by Eren in the rain, still holding his hand tight whilst comforting Connie who was the other side of you trying to hold back his tears. You stood over the 6ft hole in the ground, waiting Sasha getting lowered in a body-sized box. You slid your arm over connie's shoulder and pulled him into a side hug, assuring him that it will be okay. Erwin said a small speech about how Sasha was a great cadet to have and will be missed. He looked over to Connie as if to ask if he wanted to say a few words but Connie couldn't bring himself to. Nobody could. However, you wanted to grant one small gesture towards Sasha. You pulled out a potato from your bag, smiling at it with a sad expression. You knew it was her favorite food but you also knew you wouldn't be able to look at one without thinking about Sasha. You crouch down over the small ditch and placed the potato perfectly on-top of the box. As you stepped away from the hole, a few cadets filled up the ditch with soil and patted down the top. She was officially gone. No going back. The rain droplets fell lightly onto your face as you all looked up to the sky, saluting Sasha off.
"Ok cadets. This is a hard time but we will need to make a move due to the amount of titans that were spotted last night. We will need to move our equipment to a less public area. I ask for you all to pack up your tents by 3pm today so we can shift to another place and set everything up before dark." Erwin said and proceeded to walk away with the rest of the cadets.
"Cmon, let's go.." Eren mumbled, receiving a slight nod from you and Connie.

——————————

"Our destination is around 15 minutes away, so we will make it there by 2:50pm cadets. Let's keep moving." Levi ordered, everyone else in the team following behind him. You had encountered a few titans a while back and ended up loosing your horse during combat so you was riding on Levi's horse. Eren was with his team further behind us since they were the last to pack up. The ride was quite peaceful when you wasn't fighting off titans. The only noise you'd hear was the singing of birds or the leaves on the trees ruffling as the sun gleamed through the branches and onto your faces...

"Ok cadets spread around, take up the space we have and set up all the tents." Erwin ordered when everyone finally got to where they needed to be. You fiddled with sticks that hold the tent together but couldn't work it out.
"ARGH." You slightly yelled. You furrowed your eyebrows together, rubbing your forehead with your thumb and index finger. You groaned and sat on the floor, bring your knees to your chest and burying your head in them out of anger.
"Want help doll face?" You whipped your head up to see who was in front of you but of coarse you recognized the voice.
"We'll do you? Or you just gonna sit and sulk?" Eren said smirking. You pouted and looked up at him.
"No I'll just sit here and sulk like a bitch." You teased, perfect opportunity to piss you off more.
"Welp, suit yourself kitten." He grinned and turned on his heel to do that sarcastic walk away.
"AY- NO. Pleeeeeease help me." You frowned. He gave you a side glance and chuckled.
"Of coarse princess, let's get your castle set." He gave you a quick peck on the forehead and helped you up and you cringed at his words. He was such a dumbass And you loved it, but clearly someone else who saw the whole scene didn't...