Chapter 1

A dark-haired woman is hunched over her tablet, aggressively swiping through the pages of writing, her eyebrow twitches every now and then in frustration; muttering to herself on why her manager would send more documents to sign at ten at night with the instructions to sign them all before she gets into work in the morning at seven. She knows her manager can be a bit of a slave-driver, but honestly, these are documents that she could have done herself.

   'Right, she's allowed a life out of work, but me, my life is work.' she stressed to herself, pulling at her messy bun. ' I just need to get this done, and then I'm on holiday after tomorrow. I won't have to see or hear from her for two weeks ' suddenly she hears the blaring of her phone ring, quickly reaching over for it, she sees the name flashing, Rachel, 'speak of the devil, and she shall appear.' "Hello?"

"Did you get the documents I emailed to you?" The high, nasally voice rang through the dark-haired woman's ears making her cringe back from the phone with a sigh of exasperation.

"Yes, Rachel. I'm already working on them now; I only have a few more left."

"Good, good. I would have done it myself, but you know I have this hot date tonight." The dark-haired woman did know she had a date tonight; Rachel had been pining for this girl for nearly over a year and finally got the courage from her coworkers to ask her out last week. The dark-haired woman, honestly, thought it was one of the cutest moments she had ever witnessed.

"Shouldn't you be on that date now?" the dark-haired woman inquired, looking at her phone's clock, "It's half eleven?"

"I am! We are still at the restaurant now, about to order desserts; I just ran to the loo to ring you 'cause my manager sent those documents to me just as I left. So I had to wait till we got to the restaurant and sneak away to send them to you. I'm not going to be rude and work in front of my date." Rachel argued.

   The dark-haired woman understood why there was such urgency to get the work done instead of arguing that she could have done it or at least given a longer deadline. The Big Boss, Mr Cameron, was a bigot and didn't want women working for him, thinking that this job was a man's job; the job in question was marketing and managing new and upcoming talent. Mr Cameron had found out that the more the world evolved and accepted people, the less likely it was that he could just have male employees. The new client's parents coming in with their daughters wanted female managers and a female marketing team; Saying how they didn't want their daughters sexualised and how they objected to 'male gaze' camera work. That's why Mr Cameron had hired Rachel, and she had been given freedom to form her team. Rachel and her team had worked their way up in the last five years to be the head marketing team for female clients, beating Mr Cameron's own marketing team, and Mr Cameron hated them because of this. Even some of Mr Cameron's male clients now want to transfer over to Rachel's team, so he now tries anything to discredit them.

"You know how he is. He'll try absolutely everything to try and ruin us." Rachel carried on.

"I know I've got this. You go on and get back to your date; I'll see you in the morning." the woman urged her friend.

"Thank you, Eliana. I'm sorry I have shoved all this workload on you so suddenly again; I will pay you extra for all this work." 'She says that every time, but I've never seen a penny.' Rachel thought. "I'll see you in the morning." Eliana said, taking the phone away from her ear "Oh, wait!" The high nasally voice calls out, "-you might want to set off to work early tomorrow. My phone keeps going crazy on the notifications saying that there is some bad weather heading on its way here." she announced, then hung up straight after. 'Rude...' Eliana thought.

Thunderstorms! Eliana had always had a strange connection to thunderstorms; being found as a newborn on her town church's steps during a storm is what probably started it off. She had always felt safe and protected by them, also being in the sun made her feel as though she was being hugged and kissed by her loved ones; surrounding her with praises and love.