Chapter 2

Kion moaned in pain as he lay on his side in the abandoned den. "Fuli.. where are you? Are you still here? I can't see you..." His only eye was closed and facing the ground, so he couldn't really see anything above him.

"Don't worry, Kion. I'm still here. I won't leave the area, just go just outside of the den to hunt. Does that sound good to you?"

"I guess, just don't be gone for long." Kion said nervously.

"Of course not. And by the way, I know you're worried that your dad will find you - he actually did send out lions from the pride to search for you, but they won't find you here, trust me." Fuli assured him.

"He what?! Oh no... gotta get outta here... gotta get moving!" Kion frantically tried to lift himself up. "AGHHHH..." He groaned in pain and dropped back down to the ground, tears brimming his eyes.

"Kion, no! Don't move!" Fuli cried desperately. "One of your ribs might hit your heart if you do!"

"Would that be so bad?" Kion asked, then immediately regretted it. He didn't want Fuli to be worried, though he did mean exactly what he said.

Fuli widened her eyes in horror. "Don't say that!"

"What do you mean?" Kion answered dryly, not meeting her eyes. "It's not like I'm wanted here. No one even likes me, not even my family... they all wanna hurt me... they always say things would be better off if I was never born..."

"I still love you, Kion. Don't you dare forget that." Fuli tried.

"I guess... but no one else does. They all hate me... they all wish I was dead. Honestly might be better off that way..."

"Kion, what about Bunga, Beshte, and Ono? Don't you think they're your friends?" Fuli asked.

"They just take pity on me." Kion growled lowly. "I bet they like me as much as everyone else does."

"That's not true." Fuli tried to reassure him.

Kion sighed and laid his head down. It felt as if a weight was on top of it, a weight that he hoped would pass soon. "Probably true." He said through the pain.

Fuli sighed as she realized she wouldn't convince him on that one.

"I'm going to hunt now anyway, I'll be back soon." She said as she exited the den.

Kion sighed. He closed his one remaining eye and tried to sleep.

However, a voice suddenly boomed; "KIOOOONNNN!!!"

It was Simba's voice. "GET THE FUCK BACK TO PRIDE ROCK YOU FUCKER! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE, LAZY SHIT! YOU KNOW WHAT I'M GONNA FUCKING DO TO YOU RIGHT NOW, YOU FUCKER?!"

Kion flinched in alarm and tried to get up, though he couldn't. His ribs seemed to stab inside him. He tried again, though his ribs moved in some way that made him want to vomit. He forced himself to lift his head, causing himself to get extremely dizzy. He let out a yowl of terror. "FULI! HELP!"

Simba's voice still echoed loudly in his ears. "YOU'LL BE FUCKING DEAD ONCE I'M DONE WITH YOU!"

"N-no...!" Kion almost seemed to shrink down into his body.

He saw Simba in front of him, preparing to lunge.

"SOMEONE HELP!" Kion screamed in terror.

Just as Simba launched into the air he disappeared, just like that.

"What the heck?" Kion was confused to say the least, had he gone completely insane?

However Fuli came rushing into the den. "Kion, what happened?" She asked.